watts usage

RagingBull1216

Guest Killhippie
21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The power usage/requirements are as follows:

100-240V, 50-60Hz; Output: 12V, 1000mA

The formula is Watts = Amps multiplied by Volts  or W= (A x V) so we need to know the units amperage to multiply by in the UK 240V to get the wattage

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

The formula is Watts = Amps multiplied by Volts  or W= (A x V) so we need to know the units amperage to multiply by in the UK 240V to get the wattage

It's 0.35A on the Input side. If my math is correct (please do correct me if wrong) then the power adapter is rated to use a maximum of 84W but it can only output 12W so it's highly unlikely the router will be drawing the full 84W. 

Guest Killhippie
14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's 0.35A on the Input side. If my math is correct (please do correct me if wrong) then the power adapter is rated to use a maximum of 84W but it can only output 12W so it's highly unlikely the router will be drawing the full 84W. 

I doubt its 84 Watts Fraser more likely 12 as you say, as my RAX120 fully loaded would be 46 watts so I cant believe the R2 would use more than the RAX120 but who knows.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I doubt its 84 Watts Fraser more likely 12 as you say, as my RAX120 fully loaded would be 46 watts so I cant believe the R2 would use more than the RAX120 but who knows.

Yeah I think it's just the wattage the power adapter is capable of taking in, not necessarily what it would use. 12W sounds right to me as the R1 was 7W I believe and it's not too much bigger than that relatively.