Cod PC Only Filtering

mitchy1690

Hey everyone, just playing around with the router on Cold War.

In Device Manager i have my computer selected as computer and when i add my computer and Cod PC Only in the Geo-Filter it say's filter not supported in this game but if i change my computer to a playstation in the device manager then go back to geo filter and select Cod PC Only, filtering work's

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong when its selected as computer

Has this bug been here for a long time? Seem's abit strange you cant select computer in device manager to play cod with filtering on.

I have done what you suggested and set it to manual and put it into polgon mode and selected the UK, hopefully cod's shitty netcode isnt as bad :)

As for other players, when i was playing nuketown i didnt see anyone on the map, I thought i would be able to see people and block them and servers

• Administrators

That's fairly new yes. I recommend using the manual option as it doesn't really on DPI and updates so it will always work with the manual option. As it is a server based game you won't see players on the map, only the server when you block or connect.

Wait so all I can do is pick the server I join? So people from China or anywhere else could join the same server with 200ms ping and play against me? 

Im sure a YouTuber said you could stop people from another country playing in the same lobby? 

Edit: does this affect game voice chat? I couldn't hear anyone ingame and double checked my settings but my friend could hear everyone talking, also had to turn filtering off while I connected to discord as it kept blocking the connection 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, mitchy1690 said:

Wait so all I can do is pick the server I join? So people from China or anywhere else could join the same server with 200ms ping and play against me? 

Im sure a YouTuber said you could stop people from another country playing in the same lobby? 

Edit: does this affect game voice chat? I couldn't hear anyone ingame and double checked my settings but my friend could hear everyone talking, also had to turn filtering off while I connected to discord as it kept blocking the connection 

Yes you pick the server you join. The game would never match someone so far away with that server so that wouldn't be an issue. Even if they did as you're closer to the server you have the advantage. It will stop people if you're playing a pure P2P game. If you're blocking connections to people then its possible yes. When you join Discord look for what is blocked on the map and then allow it using the ping panel and it will work from then on in filtering mode.