Can't add devices without dropping

Over the last few days I have noticed that the XR500 is dropping all wifi and LAN and basically restarting, although power is not lost, anytime someone tries to add a new device to the network.  I have done everything I can think of and I'm losing my mind.  I have the latest firmware, went back to the old version, have shut off 5G and 2.4 in every combination possible, ran smart connect on and off, multiple resets in conjunction with the firmware changes and still have issues.  Currently on the latest firmware but unable to add a basic printer to my network.  As soon as printer tries to connect, the router instantly reboots.  It seems as if once a device is connected it is good into the future but initial setup is a guaranteed reboot.  I have 500mbps fiber connection using the ISP modem bridged.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

I'm not sure what I could suggest for this as it's a very obscure issue are there aren't any settings that would cause behavior like this. What are your Advanced WiFi settings? Does it happen if you change the WiFi security to be less secure or have the password less complex?

I appreciate it but I have already begun switching my network away from the XR500.  Too much frustration and a major lack of sleep.  I love the OS but this router has been a headache from day one. This is far easier than trying to troubleshoot it.  And with my internet speeds being what they are I really don't need it anymore.  Thanks for trying but I can't waste anymore time on this thing.