XR1000

Can anyone help me out with setting up my XR1000 to properly work with NVG468MQ from frontier. What I have done so far is: Iogged into my frontier router, I went to firewall, dmz and enable it. Then i selected share Ip address with wan the i selected DHCPS-Fixed and selected the XR1000 and apply. I'm not sure if that's the right way but once i do all that i can't type my ip address to the rx1000 to get into the router so i can get to the duma os. 

Is there a Cable Modem / ONT that plugs into it? You should be able to just plug that wire into the XR700 directly and not use the NVG468MQ. However, if that unit acts as both a modem and a router, then you need to turn it into just a modem or acquire a separate modem. 

The NVG468MQ has a ont/broadband on the back that's connected from the line that's coming from my garage. I tried running that line straight to the RX1000 WAN Port but nothing happens. Then i switch it up and plugged in the line thats coming from garage to nvg468mq to the ont/broadband then from the nvg468mq lan port i ran a wire to the wan on the rx1000

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As you selected share the IP address with WAN thats why you can't access the XR interface I believe. Are you able to disable this option and still use the DMZ?

This is what i got so far and somehow manage to be able to get to the duma os but i'm not sur if this is the proper way to do it.

20201224_131850.jpg

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay just try default server and see if you can still access the interface and get an Open NAT.

Okay, i ended up unplugging everything all the way to my garage fiber gateway modem. I plugged the ethernet cable from gateway to XR1000 and reset the gateway and now my XR100 is working and the NVG468MQ is no longer in the picture. Should this work permanent or will it somehow detect that i no longer have the nvg468mq and cut off?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It really depends on your ISP, as you've found out there isn't a necessity for having it connected. I think you should be fine having it that way.

Happy Holidays!

Thanx for all your help. NAT was open automatically when i did that.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Beforegod said:

Thanx for all your help. NAT was open automatically when i did that.

You're very welcome! As your issue is now resolved I'll close the topic, feel free to open another if needed and we'll be happy to help.