Public IP address goes to router dashboard.

Recently I have purchased an RX300 router for my network.  I run a fairly large network with 3 servers and very many devices across it.  I depend on my public IP address as these servers have many important things that need to be publicly accessible.  I have all of the necessary ports open and for a time it was working.  But then my IP changed out of nowhere, and now whenever I goto my public IP address, it returns this code according to the get request I performed.

<html><head>
<META name="description" content="XR300">
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<META http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">
<META http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
<META HTTP-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Mon, 06 Jan 1990 00:00:01 GMT">

<title>NETGEAR Router XR300</title>
<script language=javascript type=text/javascript src=script/funcs_netduma.js></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function loadnext() {
	var showit=(document.layers)?"show":"block";
	var hideit=(document.layers)?"hide":"none";
	var el = "alltext";

if (document.all)
		document.all(el).style.display = hideit ;
	else if (document.getElementById)
		document.getElementById(el).style.display = hideit ;
	else if (document.layers)
		document.layers[el].visibility = hideit ;

if("0" == "1")
    {
        if ("0" == "1")
            top.location.replace("ND_full_tnc.htm");
        else
            getTop(window).location.replace("start.htm");
    }
    else if ("0" == "1")
        top.location.replace("http://www.routerlogin.com/start.htm");
    else if ("0" == "1" || 
             "0" == "3")
        top.location.replace("http://192.168.1.1/traffic_start_update.htm");
    else
        top.location.replace("ndindex.html"); 
}
</script></head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#666666" onload="loadnext()"> 
<div ID="alltext" STYLE="position:absolute;left:50px;top:200px;">
<font face="Arial,Helvetica">
<h4>Checking JavaScript Support</h4>
<p>To provide an enhanced user interface, this Router uses JavaScript extensively.
<P>If this page is not quickly replaced, your Browser does NOT support JavaScript.
<P>Please enable JavaScript in your Browser, or use a different Browser.</p>
</font>
</div>
</body>
</html>

I really need to get this fixed as soon as possible because if I don't then I am going to have to buy servers outside of my network to get critical things back online and it quite frustrating.  Below I am going to include any relevant information about my router so that that anybody can hop in and help.

-=-

ISP: Medicom Residential 1gb 

FIRMWARE VERSION: XR300 1.0.3.50_10.3.36

INTERNET SETUP:

• INTERNET IP ADDRESS: Get Dynamically From ISP
  • DNS ADDRESSES: Custom [Primary: 1.1.1.1, Secondary: 8.8.8.8]

PORT FORWARDS:

• 192.168.1.35 > 80
  • 192.168.1.35 > 443
  • 192.168.1.35 > 42069
  • 192.168.1.35 > 22
  • 192.168.1.11 > 32400 

Please help as soon as possible, I really want to get back to not having to worry about weather or not I can access my network from my external IP address.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What actually appears when you try to access your IP address? Instead of the GET request, also what are you expecting to see exactly?

Whenever I goto my public IP address it reroutes to the routers control panel.  Whenever I goto it I should be seeing an Apache page which is the web software I run on my web server.

• Administrators

Are you accessing it from the WAN or locally? If locally you should be able to access using localhost. Have you turned on remote management on the router? If so disable that and then try. If that doesn't work you may need to enter a port after the IP

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you accessing it from the WAN or locally? If locally you should be able to access using localhost. Have you turned on remote management on the router? If so disable that and then try. If that doesn't work you may need to enter a port after the IP

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy.  I don't believe you understand my problem.  Whenever I goto my public IP address, it redirects to my control panel when I am on a device on my network.  Outside of my network absolutely nothing happens.  I can legitimately not access any of my servers through my forwarded ports outside of my network because my public IP address is routing to my router.  That is the issue.  I want to know how to fix this.  There is no putting a port after my public IP.  It simply doesn't work.  Plain as that.  Literally nothing works and port 80 reroutes to 192.168.1.1 which is the issue.  Obviously I can access it with an internal IP, I am not new to this, but I NEED to be able to access things outside my network with my public IP address which is not working. 

• Administrators

The only time the router interface should be accessible from WAN is when remote management has been turned on, are you certain this hasn't been enabled in Settings? I tried with my connection and could not get the interface to appear using the LAN IP. What is the exact model of the mediacom modem/router and how is it set up to allow a direct path to the internet for the XR?

Guest Killhippie
On 12/23/2020 at 7:10 PM, HoloPanio said:

Recently I have purchased an RX300 router for my network.  I run a fairly large network with 3 servers and very many devices across it.  I depend on my public IP address as these servers have many important things that need to be publicly accessible.  I have all of the necessary ports open and for a time it was working.  But then my IP changed out of nowhere, and now whenever I goto my public IP address, it returns this code according to the get request I performed

I really need to get this fixed as soon as possible because if I don't then I am going to have to buy servers outside of my network to get critical things back online and it quite frustrating.  Below I am going to include any relevant information about my router so that that anybody can hop in and help.

-=-

ISP: Medicom Residential 1gb 

FIRMWARE VERSION: XR300 1.0.3.50_10.3.36

INTERNET SETUP:

• INTERNET IP ADDRESS: Get Dynamically From ISP
  • DNS ADDRESSES: Custom [Primary: 1.1.1.1, Secondary: 8.8.8.8]

PORT FORWARDS:

• 192.168.1.35 > 80
  • 192.168.1.35 > 443
  • 192.168.1.35 > 42069
  • 192.168.1.35 > 22
  • 192.168.1.11 > 32400 

Please help as soon as possible, I really want to get back to not having to worry about weather or not I can access my network from my external IP address.

With such a mission critical setup you should be using enterprise hardware, the XR300 is a gaming router aimed at the budget end of the market. Maybe Cisco or Rukus would be more much appropriate.I take it you also have mirrored your servers on a site away from where you are now in case of natural disaster like fire etc or the servers fall over so the mirrored ones can take over straight away until you get a network engineer out.  Not forgetting a good sine wave UPS for the servers too.