Internet keeps dropping out

Stuart seal

Hi guys new to all this so help will be much appreciated, I bought the router for better WiFi signal and I was spending too much time in the guolag in war zone! 
Im having issues with the internet dropping out on all mobile devices and stuff connected to the router, some times I had 200mbs download and the next day 2mbs! And not changing any settings! I’ve changed the QOS so I’m not just prioritising any one thing! Help please

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. In general we are continuing to improve on WiFi, it's not as good as it could be at the moment. First make sure you upgrade to the latest firmware and then do a factory reset and see if the issues continue after that. 

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179

new here too

sorry to jump on this post, but I am getting exactly the same issues too. I have the recent firmware and performed a factory reset and still getting issues as before. 

it actually crashed again tonight when playing COD warzone, game was lagging so bad and all wifi connections went down finally resulting in having to reboot the router again. unfortunately where I live my speeds aren't the best only reaching 30mbps but the wifi isn't reaching around the house either. 

any suggestions, thanks

• Administrators
15 hours ago, shawzy23 said:

new here too

sorry to jump on this post, but I am getting exactly the same issues too. I have the recent firmware and performed a factory reset and still getting issues as before. 

it actually crashed again tonight when playing COD warzone, game was lagging so bad and all wifi connections went down finally resulting in having to reboot the router again. unfortunately where I live my speeds aren't the best only reaching 30mbps but the wifi isn't reaching around the house either. 

any suggestions, thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. 

Here are the tips I have at the moment until a new firmware is available (which we're testing now):

• Move router away from any electrical devices in the immediate vicinity
  • Make sure it's on a surface where it won't easily overheat
  • Change DHCP Lease hours to 168
  • Disable Syn Flood Protection
  • Disable Mirror Mode for WiFi - give 2.4/5GHz a different name
  • Give devices reserved/static IPs in LAN Settings
  • Give the R2 a static/reserved WAN IP either in WAN Settings or on the ISP modem/router (if applicable)
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN