internet loss - Router UI inaccessible

LazyDeztroyR

Hi, 

I am running out of patience. I have purchase the Netduma R2 back in September and I have installed it as my main router since then. For the first month or so, it worked great. Then the router started to have issues and here is the rundown:

- Intermittently, the router will loose internet connection. My network is still up and running, but none of the devices connected to it can have access to Internet. When this happens, the router lights are still on and blinking as normal. Rebooting the router works, but I have to reboot it 4-5 times until it decides to start working again. Then 1 or 2 days later the same issue will start happening all over again. 

- I have looked at post on this Forum and here is what I attempted :

1. Reboot the device

2. Disconnect the modem, disconnect the Router. Plug the Modem back on and then the router. 

3. Factory reset the Router.

4. Update to the new Firmware you release 3.0.179

4.1. Update to 3.0.179, then Factory Reset the router

4.2 Update to 3.0.179, then Factory Reset the router then Reboot the unit

Nothing has worked and this morning the same issue occurred. 

As many of us during this pandemic, I am working from home. Not only do I rely on this router for gaming, but also to provide INTERNET ACCESS from my work computer. This has negatively affected my work, as I host training session and product demo for my customer online and I cannot trust the NetDuma R2 to keep the connection during day. 

Today I went to Best Buy and purchased a new router to replace the NetDuma R2, because I need to have reliable internet access. Now, with all of that said, do you have additional steps for me to try and fix the NetDuma R2 or is this a defective device. In my opinion, this seems like a defective device and I would appreciate to have a replacement unit send my way. If you disagree, please let me know any additional troubleshooting steps for me to take. 

Thanks, 

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. We do have a new firmware being tested at the moment, so hopefully all goes well and we can put that out and may provide more stability. Meanwhile try these suggestions please:

• In DHCP Lease change the hours to 165
  • Disable Syn Flood Protection in Settings
  • Move the R2 away from any electrical devices as EMI may affect it