Loss of functionality.

XR500 running firmware: XR500 V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta

Connected to the internet by a Virgin media superhub3 in modem mode.

When accessing the router I am unable to hit the following menus

• Geo-Filter
  • Ping heatmap
  • QoS
  • Device manager
  • Network Monitor
  • Traffic Controller
  • HybridVPN

On each attempt I receive "this rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute."

I have attempted a reboot numerous times but still have the issue.

I had the same error when I first got the router (several months back) but when I went to the beta firmware it has been fine until now.

I was only the router on 13/11/2020 and it was working fine then. On the 13th I renamed a unknown device to something more meaningful (via device manager) and I temporarily blocked it from the internet for about an hour to performs some test on that device in an offline state.

Since the date of the 13th I have random Devices unable to connect the internet via 5G (they do connect to the router just no internet access).

I rebooted today and the above happened.

By inspecting the webpage I see lots of error while attempting to hit the above menu's (see attached)

If there is anymore information you need please let me know. This is getting annoying!

What is interesting is when I first got the router I change names of a lot of connected devices (to something more meaningful) and got the issue.

when I updated to V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta I never attempted this (walking on egg shells approach)

then on the 13th I renamed one device and boom back to the message of death ("this rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute")

Paul Vickers

192.168.1.1-1605882381297_QoS.log 192.168.1.1-1605882288527_ping_heatMap.log 192.168.1.1-1605882178632_Geo-Filter_error.log 192.168.1.1-1605876032351_device_manager.log 192.168.1.1-1605882572619_Traffic_Controller.log 192.168.1.1-1605882498365_network_monitor.log

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Did you perform a factory reset after upgrading to the beta? Either way I think doing this now will make it more stable again and allow you to regain access properly. We should have a new build coming out soon.

Yes I did do a factory reset after updating to the beta release. I will do it again to get the router back into a working state.

But I have to say this issue and been knocking around for well over a year, over multiple models and multiple firmware revisions so unless it has now been identified what the issue is and a specific fixed is rolled up in this next release you've just mentioned.

If so can you confirm this as without appearing rude, history doesn't fulfil me with confidence. It appears to me that the fix that just keeps getting kicked down the road is just factory reset your router which tbh is getting a bit tiresome.

Anyway to leave things on a positive note. Thanks for you speedy response 🙂

• Administrators

I totally understand where you're coming from and your lack of confidence. I don't do the development but I am confident that with every build it will become more stable, I hope in the next build coming soon that it won't be an issue anymore. It is hard to say for certain as everyones connection/setups are different.