Geofilter not matchmaking

tahmzee44

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There has been some issues with Destiny since one of their updates that most likely requires us to make actual changes to the Geo-Filter so for now I would recommend disabling the Geo-Filter.

18 hours ago, tahmzee44 said:

I'm trying to play destiny 2 w the geofilter on my xr500, when the matchmaking goes to 6/6 it refuses to load in and goes back to 3/6 

That happens when you have double NAT. Use the R2 in bridge mode with the ISP router

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, tahmzee44 said:

If it isn't too much trouble could you tell me how to do this? I'd be really greatful 

Basically access the interface of your ISP router, find the bridge mode and enable that for the Port the router is connected to, the IP or MAC address depending on how they apply it.

I’m having a similar issue except in Cold War on my R2. it will just search and never find a match. I have drawn multiple areas around servers from the ping heat map as well but it will search for a very long time and never find a match. I have factory reset it as well and added everything back and it still does the same thing. This was never an issue in modern warfare

• Administrators
On 11/17/2020 at 1:37 PM, x12Tyler said:

I’m having a similar issue except in Cold War on my R2. it will just search and never find a match. I have drawn multiple areas around servers from the ping heat map as well but it will search for a very long time and never find a match. I have factory reset it as well and added everything back and it still does the same thing. This was never an issue in modern warfare

Are you seeing anything being blocked on the map when you get these long search times?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you seeing anything being blocked on the map when you get these long search times?

It will just search for a very long time and then usually give a message like failed to join or something like that there are multiple good servers around me between 17ms-23ms also

28 minutes ago, x12Tyler said:

It will just search for a very long time and then usually give a message like failed to join or something like that there are multiple good servers around me between 17ms-23ms also

I believe when it tries to join its trying to join servers not in my zone and then says failed to join

• Administrators
14 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

I believe when it tries to join its trying to join servers not in my zone and then says failed to join

What platform are you playing on? Could you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What platform are you playing on? Could you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter?

I’m on pc, I have the pc marked as a PlayStation device like you guys said previously. I have reset the netduma to factory twice as well. I have tried using geo fencing and geofilter. It’s basically trying to connect to servers i don’t have marked and then says unable to join because geo filter I guess blocks it. I’ve messed around with it some I did have more fences marked but didn’t add all of them back since the last reset. 

C68EFD0E-A906-4E34-9B81-771F162E4E2B.jpeg

49 minutes ago, x12Tyler said:

I’m on pc, I have the pc marked as a PlayStation device like you guys said previously. I have reset the netduma to factory twice as well. I have tried using geo fencing and geofilter. It’s basically trying to connect to servers i don’t have marked and then says unable to join because geo filter I guess blocks it. I’ve messed around with it some I did have more fences marked but didn’t add all of them back since the last reset. 

C68EFD0E-A906-4E34-9B81-771F162E4E2B.jpeg

I can use the circle instead but I have to make it pretty large to find matches which I have never had to do on modern warfare. I don’t care to have to wait longer to find a match but would like it to be in the servers I want like I’ve did in the past but it’s just not working like that if I leave it on geo fencing or make a smaller circle around the 3 or 4 servers I would like it still tries to join outside servers and then fails to join them.

• Administrators

When you boot up the game does it show all the servers that are available on the map briefly? Of those available are they showing within the radius? Try this please:

• Have the game/client closed completely
  • Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  • Flush the Geo-Filter cloud
  • Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  • Setup your settings
  • Wait 2 minutes
  • Load up the game

See if it filters better then.