Netduma D2 no internet service, unable to access router through URL

David-jnr

I have a new D2 I bought off my friend who changed there mind when the nighthawk come out, i unplugged all plugs out of my TPlink Archer VR400 router/modem and followed the instructions on the quick start. 

absolutely nothing happens. No internet  connection and I’m unable to access router through a browser.

the lights are on the D2 and there is WiFi signal being emitted but nothing else.

(I’m not an internet guru so please dumb down the instructions for me)

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. You said you unplugging the TP modem/router, does that mean you have the R2 connected to it now and everything that was connected to it is now in the R2? What is the R2 connected to exactly that is passing internet through to it? 

I had the same Trouble yesterday after I resettet my R2. I didn’t get an IP on my PC and couldn‘t reach/enter the R2 Dashboard . I manualy gave my PC an IP, 192.168.77.100 in my Network Settings and set the R2 IP 192.168.77.1 as Gateway and DNS. Now I could reach the DumOS. Then I had the Problem that the R2 didn’t regonized my Cable Modem(worked 2 Days before). I resettet the R2 again, restarted the Modem a few Times, but no Internet. Then I updated again to the latest Firmware(I already had it installed), restarted Modem and R2 and DHCP and Internet worked. This costed me 1 Hour, but now everything looks good :)

@Netduma Fraser yes the Ethernet cable is pluggedd into the blue port labelled internet on the back of the D2 it is then plugged into the back of my TP-Link VR400 i have tried every port but none bring me any success, the 2 and 5ghz signal are working and i can connect my mobile devices but there is no actual internet. 192.168.77.1 or Dumaos are not loading at all for me.

The info i have at present is that i am on a PPPoE internet type (Vlan101) with my username and passwords set on my main router as per my ISP instructions with all other settings on my router being at factory settings.

@Atzenkeeper Thanks for the info, my D2 is brand new so has never been operational before, the 1st thing i would have checked would be the firmware as i believe there might be an update for it, but i cant get anything to work on it. I am unable to get on to the Dumaos or 192.168.77.1 interface to do the updates or change the settings.

• Administrators

Thanks for the information. 

Can you try setting a static IP for your Windows device please (use Control panel instructions) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/ using these settings:

IP 192.168.77.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1 

Then see if you get access. If not remove those settings then let me know if anything shows up when trying to access via 192.168.1.1 please.

UPDATE: i change the settings as requested, all that did was kick me offline, i still tried to reconnect the duma and see if i could get 192.168.77.1 - Dumaos/ or 192.168.1.1 to load but it still failed to load.

i changed the settings back.

• Administrators

Probably need to flush it now. Make sure it is on Automatic, then open command prompt:

Type: ipconfig /release 
Press enter
Wait 10-15 seconds
Type: ipconfig /renew
Press enter
Wait 10-15 seconds

Then try to access the interface.