Connection benchmark issue

Hi, I’ve just today downloaded the duma OS 3.0 beta onto my xr500. I’m having an issue with the connection benchmark test. Speed test comes up with download 408/1.0gbps upload 36/1.0gbps Netflix speed Ultra HD. What can be causing the D rating? it also states set download and upload is 1.0gbps in the tool tips. My ping test gets A+ but my ping under load only gets a D rating. 

9714399E-95DD-4059-82F0-A9746FA95A07.jpeg

• Administrators

The speed test is reporting lower than expected speeds, we are improving upon that at the moment. For Ping Under Load you need to experiment with Congestion Control (on Always) percentages and see what brings down the results as close to the Ping Test as much as possible.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The speed test is reporting lower than expected speeds, we are improving upon that at the moment. For Ping Under Load you need to experiment with Congestion Control (on Always) percentages and see what brings down the results as close to the Ping Test as much as possible.

Congestion control set to always, I’ve gone from 100% to 0% in 10% increments and get exactly the same result each time as those in the photo. Even at 0% for upload it gives the same result! Any ideas as to what else I can try?

Last night I did a new speed test within the router and rebooted. After that all seems to be working. I can’t get my upload under load below 45ms no matter what I do with the sliders. One strange thing is that my upload under load is only affected by my download slider! So it goes from around 80ms to 45ms but only if I play with the download slider. I’m now getting A+ for both speed and ping but either only B or A for ping under load.

No priority set, when I remove QOS completely the upload ping under load jumps to over 120ms so something is obviously working but also something is still not right. I’ve also been through the forum for other similar posts and used some of your advice from those posts as well, such as halving my max speeds and then adjusting the sliders from there. It does help slightly but only very slightly. I can post some more images later on if that would help in any way?

So at the moment it looks like the upload ping under load maybe buggy at least on my xr500 anyway as everything else is spot on.

One more thing, to get these results while running the connection benchmark test the advice is to turn off traffic prioritisation and put congestion qos to always. Do these settings have to stay like this for everyday use as well? As wouldn’t putting these setting back to normal just give you a worse connection again which it does on the connection benchmark test?

• Administrators

I just wanted to test if Traffic Prio was affecting it, which it isn't and shouldn't be so you can re-enable that. You can put Congestion Control to Auto-Enable so it only applies when gaming as if there was any lag going on that is the one time you would definitely notice it.