Access via another router

Ash1980

My set up...Homehub3>Netduma R1>Switch

So i've had to use my home hub 3 as the wifi signal on the R1 just isnt good enough for all the smart devices i have all over the house and very slow in comparison to my home hub 3.

I've got the R1 as basically a network switch on steroids and my main devices in the house are all hard wired via ethernet, those that aren't are connected via powerlines (Devolo's)

The Wifi on the R1 is turned off and the home hub just handles the Wifi which has all the smart devices connected plus mobile devices etc, consoles and PC's are hardwired

I have the DumaOS app which worked fine when i was connected to the R1 wifi but now won't connect to the R1 as it's on a different network and i want to be able to access the R1 without using a hard wired device eg laptop or mobile

I've tried changing the IP address to match the HH3 but i get an error saying LAN...WAN etc DMZ on the HH3 is set to the R1 but that didn't work, IP in the address bar doesn't work either

Any advice for setting?

• Administrators

Yeah you won't be able to do it that way unfortunately. What I would suggest is first trying the Guest WiFi to see if that is more stable, if it is then great you can try to use that instead. Otherwise what I would suggest is to enable the 2.4 but don't broadcast the name. Your devices won't see it as an option to connect but then make that manual connection on your phone so you can use it for the app. The R2 will have better WiFi although we are trying to improve upon it at the moment.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah you won't be able to do it that way unfortunately. What I would suggest is first trying the Guest WiFi to see if that is more stable, if it is then great you can try to use that instead. Otherwise what I would suggest is to enable the 2.4 but don't broadcast the name. Your devices won't see it as an option to connect but then make that manual connection on your phone so you can use it for the app. The R2 will have better WiFi although we are trying to improve upon it at the moment.

I've got a wifi extender for the delovo so can access it that way, just wanted to check I hadn't missed anything, thanks 👍