XR500 disconnects PS4 randomly

My ps4 will always boot me in a middle of a game playing COD WARZONE but my whole ps4 will disconnect. I have to back out and test network connection on the PS4 settings until I can log back in. Only PS4 gets disconnected with the “no network connection” alert. All other devices on WiFi does NOT disconnect. 

Xr 500 settings:

firmware 2.3.2.66

ps4 static IP

70% anti-bloat “when detected”

I turned off filtering to spectating mode as I play with other people all over and am fine with the pings I receive in-game. 

it’s gotten worst where sometimes I may have to restart the router to connect. When it happens, it occurs more frequently thereafter. Any advice ?

IMG_3389.jpg

No, the only traffic prioritization I have is the DumaOS. Could the problem be the anti-bufferbloat ? I have noticed tinkering with this setting may or may not make it worst or improve it. I do notice that if I set the sliders down, my whole network will suffer and other connected device suffer too, sometimes making it too slow that more than one device will lag/disconnect.   

100 mbps up/down...There is only 1 4k tv in my house, and i dont play/watch at the same time. 2 computers, and various mobile devices which are just using youtube/web/facebook/ig/..etc..even at the busiest times when everything is on i get my full speeds no hitch..no, share excess bandwidth allocation is on. if i disable it, do i have to manually set the bandwidth for EACH device? also, when anti-bufferbloat is on (70%), and the whole network speeds are slowed down, does that mean the 30% is saved for the "prioritized traffic" ?

• Administrators

If you disabled it then you would need to allocate bandwidth to each device - I wouldn't recommend disabling it.

Prioritized traffic supersedes QoS entirely, the 30% acts as a buffer so that your connection cannot be saturated. When the console gets disconnected could you take a look at the logs in System Information and look for any entries around the time it happens and most them here please?

@Netduma Fraser thank you and you have been very helpful, even before this incident... so to remedy the whole thing i decided to just bypass the whole WiFi through the PS4, I then connected an Airport Extreme to the XR500 LAN and then extend the network by using my second Airport Extreme and now im connected via LAN to my PS4 through the Airport Extreme bridge.  Now, using the XR500, it detects as my PS4 connected to LAN which is what I was expecting... hopefully this will solve the disconnect issue... i am running into a "High Priority Detected" even when i am on rest mode. but i found the culprit to be the Geo-Filter, when i removed my PS4 from the GeoFilter section, xr500 acts as expected and will only see the high priority traffic when i turn on my PS4. (this has always worked tho up until i used the airport, it would detect "high-priority" only when I turn my PS4 on, and would disconnect when i put it on rest mode, while having the geofilter settings setup) not a big issue but was just wondering what is going on there.

• Administrators

When in rest mode the console does periodically talk to Sony servers, checking for updates etc so it would prioritize these packets. Well done on potentially finding a workaround to the issue, fingers crossed it's all good now.