How to hide the internal lan network, of my ISP.

Hi, there.

I would like to know how to configure my XR500 router to have my LAN configuration private and hidden from my ISP. (including devices and ip reserved addresses). If the router of my ISP has the IP 192.168.100.1 and is the gateway to the internet. The WAN address of My Router XR500 is 192.168.100.10. The internal network of my Router XR500 has the IP address 192.168.1.1/24 

Thank you

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Upstream of the XR the local IP addresses cannot be seen so this isn't a problem. The ISP certainly wouldn't be able to tell their local IP. Regarding the devices even websites can tell what devices you're using, so if that really was a major concern you should look into MAC spoofing.

My ISP has told me "all" the devices that I have connected on the 192.168.1.1 network. That surprised me. To prevent this I have changed my RIP Address from "both" to "In Only" and yes, I have also changed the MAC address. I'm not sure, if this way I can prevent my ISP from seeing all the devices I have connected on my LAN.  Am I doing the right thing? any suggestions ?Thank you again.

Guest Killhippie

You cant really hide anything and your browser fingerprinting still gives away so much about the machine you use. I would suggest not being so concerned about it. I take it you are using IPV6? Nat should hide devices with the single IP. You have not disabled your firewall have you? If you want to check how well your browser is protecting you use the Electronic frontier foundations panopticlick site to show you what your browser tells the world about your hardware, the link is entirely safe once you have seen what fingerprinting does you will realise its very hard to hide completely unless you use enterprise gear and a full time VPN, even then its not perfect. https://panopticlick.eff.org/