QoS Tweaks/Options

Maybe this has been suggested before but I haven't read far enough into the Forum, but I have mixed feelings about the auto-balancing of the QoS as I drag the circles for each device on my network.  Some of my devices are very nonessential, and I pull them down to zero, but then after a few other devices get added and adjusted, it keeps automatically redistributing bandwidth and those 0s become 5s and 7s and etc.  It would be nice if at least things set to 0 were locked into that value?  Or if you could somehow flip a switch to turn off the automatically balancing, and just receive a warning if your numbers don't add up to 100 when you click on update?

When I do go back, I have to work my way around that circle re-dragging everything back down to 0 and after a few, the others bump back up to 1 and maybe I'm too retentive, but...

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is something we'll probably be implementing in the future, the ability to lock allocation for a device. With Share Excess on devices will get the bandwidth they need anyway so it isn't really needed. Unless you have a device that needs a certain amount of bandwidth then would just recommend allocating a decent amount to that device.