R1 bricked by DumaOS 3.0

C00LhandNUK3

Yesterday I upgraded my R1 to DumaOS 3.0. Later in the evening, my internet started having stability issues across several devices. This morning it was much worse. I decided to poke around the various settings in 3.0 to see what was going on. After failing to find a solution, I tried a factory reset. After that, the R1 was completely unresponsive. The Wifi network name reverted to "Netduma R1"
 and it was broadcasting, but it wouldn't accept the serial number as the 12 character password. Hard wired it wouldn't give me access to the internet or allow me to access the web UI through 192.168.88.1. It would ask for a username/password, but neither my old credentials nor the R1 default of admin/-. I also tried admin/password and -/- to no avail.

I have confirmed that the modem is functioning by plugging my laptop ethernet directly into it. I'm currently running on my old router without problems. 

Any thoughts on getting the R1 back and running?

On 10/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Unplug the router from power for 24 hours, then plug it in and try to gain access. Sometimes with issues like this that can help.

I was able to regain access to the router. Most of the Rapps wouldn't load, including all of the Rapps on the "Network Settings" page. After removing all devices (wired and wireless) from the network and clearing all browsing data and several more resets, I was able to get the Rapps to load.

Currently the Network Settings Rapps load about 50 percent of the time. When they do load, I am unable to change either the SSID or passphrase for the Wifi. Please see the attached screenshot with error message.

Perhaps anecdotally, I have found that enabling IPv6 improves my ability to load Rapps. I have a household with a wife and two kids. Everyone has a phone, tablet, computer and gaming console, plus printers, NAS drives, smart TVs, Firesticks etc. So there are upwards of 40 devices connected at any time. I have a large house with Cat5 throughout so a lot of the traffic is wired. I use another Belkin router as a wifi bridge at the far side of the house for wifi coverage. Not sure if any of this is a contributing issue.

My internet continues to degrade as well. This is mostly felt in the wifi connection. I have also tried reverting back to 2.1.3.29. This clears up the Rapp load issue. But the internet connection seems to be worse than with 3.0 (at least as wifi goes). With DumaOS 2.1.3.29 I can change the SSID however. As a precaution, I have ordered an R2, because if I can't get this straightened out, a change must be made.

Any help/consideration you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

2020-10-22.png

• Administrators
6 hours ago, C00LhandNUK3 said:

I posted in the Beta section. I've performed several factory resets but still can't change the wifi SSID or passphrase.

Keep replying there otherwise it will get confusing going back and forth. Disable the WiFi completely, apply, then reboot, then re-enable, apply, reboot then try to change the details.