Firmware 2.3.2.66 and 2.3.2.104

Does new xr500 firmware 2.3.2.66 safe to install since I have beta 3.0 version 2.3.2.104 or do I have to downgrade back to 2.3.2.56 and why isn't the beta firmware version on Netgear site does that void any warranties for my xr500

Guest Killhippie
12 minutes ago, Adnin said:

Can I get a response please

Running a beta is at your own risk. If it breaks your router Netgear do not have to replace it, its in the terms for doing a beta test. I would downgrade to 2.3.2.66 and do a factory reset to get buggy code that may still be present in NVRAM cleared for a clean start.

Yeah I kind of thought so if it isn't on Netgear website don't download it I've been using it behind my xb7 but I wanted it to be bridged so I can use my xr500 but thank you I'll use the beta when it's on netgear's website that way I know it'll be safer I know you can use it behind another router but it isn't the same

• Administrators

Yes it is safe to install, you don't need to downgrade before going to that firmware. The beta version is being tested and therefore not suitable for public release as of yet. The .66 version is based on 2.0 and not 3.0 so you will lose 3.0 features if you decide to use that firmware instead.

But beta is it at my own risk and if something was to happen is my router covered or not. don't mean to sound like a bum bum  but I don't want to lose 300 bucks either

Guest Killhippie
2 minutes ago, Adnin said:

So downloaded the 66 and then download the 3.0

If you do that you will lose the vulnerability fixes, the beta is not suitable for public release and may damage your router, stay on the stable version of 2.3.2.66 which is based off of Milestone 1.3  there has never been a version 2 of DumaOS.  :)

Guest Killhippie
3 minutes ago, Adnin said:

But beta is it at my own risk and if something was to happen is my router covered or not. don't mean to sound like a bum bum  but I don't want to lose 300 bucks either

I mentioned above if you run a beta you are not covered by warranty its at your own risk but Netgear wont replace it if you use a beta also you wont have the security patches in 2.3.2.66 either.

Guest Killhippie
4 minutes ago, Adnin said:

Frasier is killhippie correct

No Im' killhippie, Fraser is Fraser. I do beta testing for Netgear and Netduma etc I think Fraser may feel insulted that people think he is me lol ;)

Yeah I can wait besides I can use it on my neduma r2 or Duma R1 through the xr500 and just my modem router comboI wanted to be a stable version I don't want to sit there and worry about everyday something going wrong I'll wait till you guys are 100% sure that 3.0 is good and even then there might be a little bit but at least it'll be on netgear's website.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

No Im' killhippie, Fraser is Fraser. I do beta testing for Netgear and Netduma etc I think Fraser may feel insulted that people think he is me lol ;)

You're quite right! 😂

24 minutes ago, Adnin said:

Yeah I can wait besides I can use it on my neduma r2 or Duma R1 through the xr500 and just my modem router comboI wanted to be a stable version I don't want to sit there and worry about everyday something going wrong I'll wait till you guys are 100% sure that 3.0 is good and even then there might be a little bit but at least it'll be on netgear's website.

Sounds like a plan!