Just ordered my R2

willthetech

As the title says, just ordered my R2. I still have the R1, but honestly it felt sluggish and the no gigabit internet support had me put it away for over year now. hopefully I did not make a mistake again...I guess we will see.

the R2 is so much better than the Netgear Xr450 I had at least for me. Plus I have everything in my house hardwired so the somewhat limited wifi connectivity of the R2 does not really affect me. And when i say limited, its more on the 2.4 Ghz band. And DumaOS 3.0 is so much better than 2.0.

11 hours ago, Alias 1aB said:

the R2 is so much better than the Netgear Xr450 I had at least for me. Plus I have everything in my house hardwired so the somewhat limited wifi connectivity of the R2 does not really affect me. And when i say limited, its more on the 2.4 Ghz band. And DumaOS 3.0 is so much better than 2.0.

Good to hear, thanks for your reply. I will not be using the wireless in the R2. I will have a dedicate router to do that (WAY better WIFI)...Just trying to make sure is not a R1 experience all over again. But it seems a lot of people are happy with the purchase...cant wait:)

Got the R2 2 days after ordering. That's nuts...all of he way from the UK to the US. Very busy GUI, overwhelming at first. I will test during the next few days to get my final thoughts. I noticed that I turned off WIFI and guest WIFI (both 2.4Ghz 5.0Ghz), but still showing up as an SSID in my PC.  Any Ideas? is this a bug...

• Administrators
15 hours ago, willthetech said:

Got the R2 2 days after ordering. That's nuts...all of he way from the UK to the US. Very busy GUI, overwhelming at first. I will test during the next few days to get my final thoughts. I noticed that I turned off WIFI and guest WIFI (both 2.4Ghz 5.0Ghz), but still showing up as an SSID in my PC.  Any Ideas? is this a bug...

Our delivery is pretty speedy! You definitely disabled the radios and not just mirror mode?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Our delivery is pretty speedy! You definitely disabled the radios and not just mirror mode?

yes, both...I even re-started after changing settings. it's listed in my available SSIDs. I recommend you test this if possible...

12 minutes ago, willthetech said:

yes, both...I even re-started after changing settings. it's listed in my available SSIDs. I recommend you test this if possible...

Ok so ill eat my words,  so somehow is now off...odd. Oh well I guess sis good to go. :)