Ping in South America

Eduardo bastos

Hello dear, I want to ask you if I buy the netduma R2 will it work in CHILE? The game servers in South America are located in Brazil and I live in the north of Chile approximately 2,300 kilometers from the servers in Brazil and I play on ps4 with my ISP at a minimum ping of 100 ms, hire several VPNs and the same ping at 100 ms, I have the router of the brand ASUS rt ac 86u and the only thing that changes is more stability but the ping does not drop.
The question is, will my ping go down with the NETDUMA R2 2,300 kilometers from the game server? I play Call of Duty a lot and unfortunately the closest servers in Chile are in BRAZIL. I wait for your answers

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The issue is your distance to the servers, while the R2 can help you force that server and help eliminate any lag caused by devices in your home we cannot reduce a ping caused by distance. Now it may be that you're not connecting to the Brazil server in which case we could help you reduce that by forcing Brazil but there is no way to be certain.

Gracias por responder, usted me puede revisar en la aplicación geográfica del NETDUMA si el próximo juego de Call of Duty Cold War donde tiene el servidor en Sudamérica o se van ocupar el mismo servidor de Sao Paulo.

El otro asunto que quiero comentar es que en el router ASUS que tengo utilizo el QOS que me ofrece elegir el dispositivo para dar prioridad en ancho de banda, a parte existe una aplicación de WTFAST que aun sigue en modo BETA en los routers de ASUS, asi que no tuve la oportunidad de ocupar lo por ofrecer muy pocos juegos en su lista. Pero si lo que estoy seguro que jugar en PC existen varias aplicaciones que bajan el ping y mi amigo baja de 100 ms a 80 ms en juegos de PC. 

• Administrators

A lo que te refieres es a una especie de VPN que te brinda enrutamiento de apuestas a un servidor de juegos. Por ejemplo, en lugar de que sus paquetes de juego vayan hasta el sur de Chile y luego a Brasil, con esa VPN podría ir directamente y cortar algunos ping. Actualmente no ofrecemos esto, pero con nuestro sistema basado en la aplicación Router es algo que podríamos ofrecer en el futuro.
-
What you are referring to is a VPN of sorts that gives you betting routing to a game server. For example, instead of your game packets going all the way down to southern Chile and then across to Brazil, with that VPN it might go straight across and cut out some ping. We don't currently offer this but with our Router App based system it is something we could provide in the future.