R2 reboot

mike

ok i have mentioned this before .

not only do i have to run the qos test everytime i want to game but on a weekly basis i have to reboot the r2 sometimes twice a week.

and tonight i noticed something when i reboot.

laptop and tv the wifi disconnects as expected but the playstation wired connection doesnt disconnect also the QoS says i should be getting a 1.2gb upload and the playstation test shows 5 gb upload even if i knock the QoS down to 0gb upload the playstation still says 5gb (or more) upload.

this cant be right if the r2 is turning off the ps4 should loose its connection.

if the upload via QoS is set at 0gb then it shouldnt be showing 5gb upload.

so theres either a setting not is set or the r2 isnt actually doing anything for my set up.

and to be honest im begining to think the r1 with orig firmware was doing a better job than the r2.

my bad should of been mb not gb .

and i determind that it didnt disconnect by the fact that if i loose connection for any reason my game boots me back to the title screen and says there is no internet connection , that and going to the ps4 home screen and looking to see who was online and it showed who was online and not the ps4 "connect to the internet " msg.

current QoS

upload 22% - 2mbps

download 85% - 29.8mbps

ps4 connection test 

download -32.1mbps

upload - 5.3mbps

r2 network speed test

download-35mbps

upload - 9mbps

do you mean bandwidth allocation on the wheel ? , if so no i havnt as the only other things connected are my laptop and tv and if im gaming the tv isnt on the net and my laptop is just sat there in screen saver mode.

and i rebooted from the interface either way the router still shuts down so it shouldnt make a difference.

current QoS

67% -23.5mbps down 

23% - 2.1mbps up 

traffic prioritization 

all devices deselected (dark)

playstation console selected (red) 

r2 rebooted from interface 

and cod threw me back to the main screen and came up with the msg no network detected , you must be connected etc etc and the ps4 wouldnt connect to a test.

just done 4 ps4 connection tests and they are in line with the r2 

and can i suggest if your doing another version of auto set up theres an "apply" button instead of having to leave the page and go back and apply the settings one by one , this apply button should alter/set everything that needs setting so theres no going back and forth searching and resetting things.

whilst pc gamers might be good with this sort of thing the average gamer is just confused by the whole thing and wonders if i alter this do i have to alter that aswell ? , options are a good thing until the options overwhelm the user , in this case me lol.

and the profiles are not really good for most ppl and i ignore them if it means i have to go into them each time i want to play different games , as games like cod are popular as A.its good fun and B.you can pick it up and put it down and not have to worry to much about having to load this , alter that , select this etc.

• Administrators

How did you select the console with the Games Console service? Okay so it seems to be working correctly now then? We do have that option, if you use the browser to zoom out do you see the save settings button? If so we've fixed that so will be in the next firmware. Profiles are really just if you want our recommendations for a game but it mostly just changes the radius size so not required to use them at all.

erm what does that mean exactly ?

do you mean is the test done quickly ? if so about the same.

and atm i am really considering putting the r2 back in the box and asking for a refund as the good games are far out numbered by the bad games and i mean far out numbered , as i said before i think the r1 with the original firmware was better i had far more good games than i am now.

atm 1 game in 10 i just own the lobby the other 9 im either getting turned inside out or struggling to get a positive kd.

• Administrators

Under Traffic Prioritization, do you notice that the console is being prioritized and that packets are counting up rapidly when doing the speed test on the console? What is the actual ping you're getting to the game as shown by the Geo-Filter? If the servers you connect to normally aren't working well for you try forcing some different ones further away and see if they play better.

just lost connection to the cod servers an internet check said they are up and running 

ps4 check was ok 

laptop connects to the net ok

looked at traffic prioritization and the little red circles were off and only came on every few seconds and up load and down load packetes was at a stand still even after rebooting the r2 this did nothing i finally sorted it by turning on filtering mode then the router would connect to online servers at which point i turned filtering off and now every lobby is a sweatfest.

speed test the packets go up in 1's ie it started at 83810 and when the connect test had finished it was at 83817.

the console is being prioritized as thats how iv set it.

the ping in the last game was to a dedi at 96ms and it looks like its in the usa which i cant do anything about as filtering is turned off , i know when im connected to a us server as i orange bar in the game connection and i generally leave the lobby due to the high ping.

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page please? Then I can see if there is anything that would potentially prevent you getting games properly. Okay so you're not prioritizing the speed tests which is good. Was that ping shown by the Geo-Filter or the in game value?