Random rebooting XR500

Hi, I use XR500 for about 1,5 years as a wi-fi router. There were no issues before and it gave me very stable and reliable wi-fi connection. Recently it started to reboot randomly. It just shut down and reboot. In a game for instance it makes huge drop in ping, its just going up and down from 15 to 200 ms for several minutes and then it just disconnects. After rebooting it can work for a certain time, but then again randomly reboots and etc.

I had similar issue with another router in the past and it was somehow related to power supply. I changed power adapter on XR500 and it seems to help for a certain period, but after few days again it just started to rebooting without any warning)). Any idea what it could be?

• Administrators

Do you have it plugged into a power extender? If so try plugging it directly into a wall outlet and see if that helps. Otherwise upgrade to DumaOS 3.0 and see if that makes a difference: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have it plugged into a power extender? If so try plugging it directly into a wall outlet and see if that helps. Otherwise upgrade to DumaOS 3.0 and see if that makes a difference: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Yes, I use power extender. Gonna try DumaOS 3.0 first, if it doesnt help, I'll try direct power plugging. Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've updated to DumaOS 3.0 and plugged power cable directly. It works, but not flawlesly.Connection could be pretty stable, but then all of the sudden it just disconnects and I have to reboot my XR500. Is there anything more I can do or check?

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, Aroku said:

Well, I've updated to DumaOS 3.0 and plugged power cable directly. It works, but not flawlesly.Connection could be pretty stable, but then all of the sudden it just disconnects and I have to reboot my XR500. Is there anything more I can do or check?

How old is it? I would downgrade to the latest stable 2.3.2.66 to get the vulnerability fixes, factory reset is essential downgrading and if it still does it contact Netgear if you have a hardware warranty still.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Aroku said:

There should be a new version soon which should hopefully be more stable. You could do the above as that firmware is newer than the previous pre beta build you would have been on.

I've been having issues with my XR500 going offline suddenly. The logs are full of errors stating Error parsing line in ARP table, followed by an ivp6 address. also says something about router STALE. I am currently on the latest version of Duma O.S 3.0

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, SurvivorOf said:

I've been having issues with my XR500 going offline suddenly. The logs are full of errors stating Error parsing line in ARP table, followed by an ivp6 address. also says something about router STALE. I am currently on the latest version of Duma O.S 3.0

Please post here regarding your issue: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/Devices-disconnected-100-CPU-Used/td-p/1978094/jump-to/first-unread-message