BT TV - IPTV channels

I have FTTP through BT and connect to an Openreach ONT. I own both a Netgear XR300 and a Netduma R1. Both are on the latest non beta duma OS firmware. 

I have had to revert back to using my BT Smart Hub 2 since enabling BT Sports via BT TV. I was mainly using the XR300 and I did select the "disable IGMP proxy" option and also tried fully disabling QOS. From a google search, it appears that the XR500 has a sub option "Use BT IPTV IGMP proxy" which I believe works, but this isnt an option with the XR300?

Can you suggest anything? Would running the dumaos 3.0 beta on my R1 allow me to receive BT TV, if so can I try this please? Grateful for any support you can offer as I really cant stretch to buying an XR500 when already invested in the R1 and XR300!

Kind Regards

Craig

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

By selecting IGMP Proxy, do you mean it is ticked or unticked? I would recommend you have it unticked and then apply. May also be worth switching NAT Filtering to Open and see if that helps. The option you mentioned is not available for the XR500 as far as I can see. I have given you access to the R1 beta so you can try on that as well https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

Hi Fraser,

The IGMP Proxy was unticked. I have tried both ticked and unticked and Nat filtering to Secure and Open as well. 

Thanks for R1 Beta access. I have also now tried the dumaos 3.0 on my R1 and its not working for BT TV either. I can't actually find any IGMP  settings to try. I tried to disable the QOS settings but I get a constant Rapp is not loaded message, so I assume the QOS was switched on by default. All the other options do open. I did a full factory reset of the R1 too, but it wasn't any help.

Any ideas for how to get this working? Does the XR300 and R1 (on dumaos 3.0) actually support the multicast IPTV used by companies like BT and Talktalk etc? On searches, I can only see users getting it working on the XR500. If it doesn't work now for the XR300, are you aware of any versions of the firmware that previously worked successfully? Many moons ago, I was able to add Multicast to a Billion 8800NL router with a few manual clicks to add a second WAN service, so its not an unusual feature.

I guess the last option could be to use the homehub for TV and then connect the Netgear up to the Homehub via the DMZ, but having an ONT, BT Smart Hub and Netgear router in series would be turning my cupboard into a comms room! That aside, would this work okay or would I be introducing potential lag or QOS problems?

Any help you can offer is appreciated. 

• Administrators

I'm not aware of any versions specifically that would work with this but I will create a ticket to get this supported and see what we can do, sorry about that. That should be absolutely fine to do it that way, would definitely suggest doing that in the interim.