Using a Access Point with the R2

DLinn

Just setup my new R2. The wireless signal wasn’t as strong as my existing one. So I configured my ASUS RT68U to be a access point and turned off the wireless on the R2. Looking at the device diagram, the ASUS doesn’t show the wired connection online, but the wireless is working. How does the R2 determine what is coming through the access point. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You won't see the Asus as a device as it is transparent to the router. The R2 is assigning IP addresses to the devices connected to the AP as though they were directly connected. That's great because you can change settings for them still on the R2.

I don’t see the wireless devices in the device manager. I’d definitely like to setup each device properly. All of the game consoles  and  PC are hardwired. Wireless is used for the iPhones, IPads, Ring, Nest and one Smart LG tv. Thanks

None of the wireless devices show in the device manager. But they were all setup in the wireless on R2 which I had turned off (shows offline). All the hardwired devices are online. Under the network monitor screen the wireless devices can be seen with the Network Snapshot. They are also labeled the way I had named them. With the Asus AP the wireless is setup to hide SSID and has mac filter. Thanks,