Netduma R2 and FIFA 21

Thorz

Hello.

I have been eyeing your products for a while now. With the introduction of the R2 I am now more than interested in changing my actual router that is beginning to show its years.

I am an avid FIFA player on Xbox. The last 4-5 months of FIFA20 were a hell, almost 80% of the games played on their servers were plagued by one-sided delay. It really ruined the experience for me. Before this date the game was fine, and all the FIFAs before it played fine. I have an excellent fiber connection and no other game shows these kind of issues. All the problems started coincidentally when EA introduced FIFA servers in Stockholm. The game is always connecting now to these servers because geographically it makes sense as I am located in Norway, but the gameplay there is almost always awful.

I have 3 questions for you:

1. Can I block specific IP ranges using software in your R2 router? FIFA (FUT) pings a list of test servers when you launch the game mode, if you block the specific test server for a country, the game then connects to another one. I want to block the swedish servers.

2. Is it possible to find IPs FIFA is trying to establish connection to using software in your R2 router? This can be done looking at logs in the router when you turn on the game and connect to FUT. This would make very easy the work to locate the test servers, which EA change all the time, for then block IPs of the servers that work worst for me. At the moment I am dependent on finding the IPs of these test servers online using Twitter, Reddit or other ways because my actual router doesn't let me monitor live connections and I really don't want to start to fickle with alternate firmwares like DDWRT that could offer me this feature.

I guess your geofilter as shown in this thread below could be used to approximately block a geographical area but finding and blocking the IP ranges or just the IP addresses that EA uses for testing is a much better and precise solution:

3. Finally I wonder what other tools do you specifically offer tailored to a better FIFA 21 experience.

Hope you can help me. Thank you.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:

1. You cannot specify an IP range to block. However, using the Geo-Filter you can specify an allowed area of where you would like to get servers from which would then block everything else, thereby allowing you to block the swedish servers.
  2. You can't do that specifically but as you mentioned you can use the Geo-Filter to identify any servers it tries to make a connection to and block them if necessary, not messing around with IPs required.
  3. Geo-Filter, QoS of course which helps with generally keeping the home running smoothly as well as being able to prioritize FIFA above everything else. We've also got Ping Heatmap which allows you to ping all the FIFA servers at once and identify where the best servers to connect to are located.

Your answer to point 2 sounds interesting. If I understand you correctly, I can use a function in your geo-filter to identify exactly which servers FIFA is trying to connect to for thereafter then block them if needed?

And about your answer for point 3, will your ping heatmap support FIFA 21? As you describe it you have to actually support a game to use this feature. Do you constantly update the list of servers EA uses for FIFA? This list of servers changes often.

My biggest fear with investing in a product like the R2 is what'll happen if you drop the support for future version of games like FIFA. Without you updating the server list of games features like ping heatmap that sound very useful become useless.

Thank you.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Thorz said:

Your answer to point 2 sounds interesting. If I understand you correctly, I can use a function in your geo-filter to identify exactly which servers FIFA is trying to connect to for thereafter then block them if needed?

And about your answer for point 3, will your ping heatmap support FIFA 21? As you describe it you have to actually support a game to use this feature. Do you constantly update the list of servers EA uses for FIFA? This list of servers changes often.

My biggest fear with investing in a product like the R2 is what'll happen if you drop the support for future version of games like FIFA. Without you updating the server list of games features like ping heatmap that sound very useful become useless.

Thank you.

Yes absolutely, you'll when you set your desired radius it will block any servers that attempt to you outside that radius so you therefore force the servers you want.

We have FIFA 20 currently and we're testing 21 right now and will add this asap. Most likely it will use the same servers as 20 but better to double check.

We'll continue to update them and if something gets behind then let us know and we'll update it.