Netduma r2 geo filter, etc.

X12Tyler12X

So my R2 came in today, I have been using the R1 fine no issues really but with the R2 Geo filtering isn’t working at all it won’t ping the hosts show server information or anything it’s like theres not even anything connected. Also my ping in modern warfare with the same settings as the r1 is starting to search at 50 ping sometimes higher instead of the normal 26. Which here recently there has been something going on the servers I was connecting to previously would give a 12 ping and in game I could get it as low as 15 at some points now they start at 14 at the lowest which I can’t even ever find them anymore and is usually between 16-20 or more what could be causing this? Also just hooked up the r1 again and it still searches normally and geo is working fine

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's not a waste, just a matter of settings. Remove the devices from the Geo-Filter, in the Device Manager give them the device type of a Playstation and then add back to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. Use Ping Heatmap and see where the lowest ping server is, then go back to the Geo-Filter and adjust your settings to make sure you're covering it. Are you using QoS? What is your exact physical setup?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's not a waste, just a matter of settings. Remove the devices from the Geo-Filter, in the Device Manager give them the device type of a Playstation and then add back to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. Use Ping Heatmap and see where the lowest ping server is, then go back to the Geo-Filter and adjust your settings to make sure you're covering it. Are you using QoS? What is your exact physical setup?

Firstly the devices are pc’s not PlayStations so I won’t be doing that secondly I know how the settings go I’ve used the R1 for a while, I tried it with qos both on and off and that don’t change anything.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, X12Tyler12X said:

Firstly the devices are pc’s not PlayStations so I won’t be doing that secondly I know how the settings go I’ve used the R1 for a while, I tried it with qos both on and off and that don’t change anything.

Changing them to PlayStations will make them work, there is no benefit by keeping it as a PC device type. QoS isn't an on/off kind of feature, it can be configured in many different ways. If you do the first two suggestions that will help and then if you provide the requested information I can make some better assessments. Also what are your Connection Benchmark results?

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Changing them to PlayStations will make them work, there is no benefit by keeping it as a PC device type. QoS isn't an on/off kind of feature, it can be configured in many different ways. If you do the first two suggestions that will help and then if you provide the requested information I can make some better assessments. Also what are your Connection Benchmark results?

I changed the devices to PlayStation ( shouldn’t have to do that anyway and don’t have to on the R1) deleted from geo filter and added them back and choose manual as suggested. Used the head sink like you stated which btw I get more server options and lower pings for many servers on the R1 which don’t even list on the heat sink. Benchmark results are listed below which btw I pay for 1000 MB’s down. As for QOS I just don’t normally use it and disable it completely like I did on the R1 and had no problems at all . Setup is my isp modem/router combo which no it isn’t bridged I don’t think your able to do that on the one my isp provides, I have to talk to an actual technician at my isp tomorrow to find that out for sure though but the R2 is plugged straight into it just like I did for the R1. Strangely enough I have been able to get the R2 to work briefly plugged straight into my isp cord not plugged into anything else and it worked but disconnects after a few minutes and says no internet access.

85C2DF82-F65A-421C-A061-D6F95BB7A5B7.jpeg

650BC8C3-6469-4280-ACE8-8F4B58B76D18.jpeg

Update:: I’ve been using my sons pc to game so when I’m in modern warfare for example I was on his pc and on my pc have the router settings pulled up to keep track because I’m waiting on replacement parts to fix my cpu overheating. I decided to go ahead and pull the game up on mine and surprisingly it started the search at 24ms unlike on his it starts at 44/46 and on mine was popping up the servers, however and this is a big however on the R2 it only shows a select few servers, which btw I make my circle very small to my area because I like 27ms ping games and under anything above the bullets don’t connect as good on modern warfare. On the R1 I can put my circle in the same spot as the R2 which is around the Kentucky/Tennessee area and it will connect to servers in Georgia all day long which gives me a decent ping most of the time. I also have other servers flagged to allow and deny across the us, which btw to do that on the R1 you have to turn auto ping off and start the game up when you do this all the servers will pop up and you can click on one which will tell you the ping to that server, personally I would name the server the ping I was getting to it and allow or deny, close the game and repeat. The R2 may have the heat sink but servers that actually pop up are very limited and the fact it won’t even work properly on one pc is ridiculous, again the R1 works fine on both. I wouldn’t recommend the R2 to anyone at this point, for $50 they can get a used R1 that’s going to work great but I think they have released a half ass system and who knows it may get updated at some point to work as good as the R1 but it definitely don’t at this point.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, X12Tyler12X said:

I changed the devices to PlayStation ( shouldn’t have to do that anyway and don’t have to on the R1) deleted from geo filter and added them back and choose manual as suggested. Used the head sink like you stated which btw I get more server options and lower pings for many servers on the R1 which don’t even list on the heat sink. Benchmark results are listed below which btw I pay for 1000 MB’s down. As for QOS I just don’t normally use it and disable it completely like I did on the R1 and had no problems at all . Setup is my isp modem/router combo which no it isn’t bridged I don’t think your able to do that on the one my isp provides, I have to talk to an actual technician at my isp tomorrow to find that out for sure though but the R2 is plugged straight into it just like I did for the R1. Strangely enough I have been able to get the R2 to work briefly plugged straight into my isp cord not plugged into anything else and it worked but disconnects after a few minutes and says no internet access.

18 hours ago, X12Tyler12X said:

Update:: I’ve been using my sons pc to game so when I’m in modern warfare for example I was on his pc and on my pc have the router settings pulled up to keep track because I’m waiting on replacement parts to fix my cpu overheating. I decided to go ahead and pull the game up on mine and surprisingly it started the search at 24ms unlike on his it starts at 44/46 and on mine was popping up the servers, however and this is a big however on the R2 it only shows a select few servers, which btw I make my circle very small to my area because I like 27ms ping games and under anything above the bullets don’t connect as good on modern warfare. On the R1 I can put my circle in the same spot as the R2 which is around the Kentucky/Tennessee area and it will connect to servers in Georgia all day long which gives me a decent ping most of the time. I also have other servers flagged to allow and deny across the us, which btw to do that on the R1 you have to turn auto ping off and start the game up when you do this all the servers will pop up and you can click on one which will tell you the ping to that server, personally I would name the server the ping I was getting to it and allow or deny, close the game and repeat. The R2 may have the heat sink but servers that actually pop up are very limited and the fact it won’t even work properly on one pc is ridiculous, again the R1 works fine on both. I wouldn’t recommend the R2 to anyone at this point, for $50 they can get a used R1 that’s going to work great but I think they have released a half ass system and who knows it may get updated at some point to work as good as the R1 but it definitely don’t at this point.

It does the same on the R1, I would suggest the same thing for that router as well. It is just a visual representation of all the available servers for the game. Your Ping Under Load for Upload is quite erratic so would suggest using Congestion Control on Always and lower the sliders and redo the test until you can get that down as much as possible. Have you got the R2 in the DMZ of the hub? Otherwise you will have NAT issues which could lead to connection issues. Is your R1 using DumaOS? The same thing works on the R2 as well regarding boot up and servers appearing. Thanks for your feedback.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It does the same on the R1, I would suggest the same thing for that router as well. It is just a visual representation of all the available servers for the game. Your Ping Under Load for Upload is quite erratic so would suggest using Congestion Control on Always and lower the sliders and redo the test until you can get that down as much as possible. Have you got the R2 in the DMZ of the hub? Otherwise you will have NAT issues which could lead to connection issues. Is your R1 using DumaOS? The same thing works on the R2 as well regarding boot up and servers appearing. Thanks for your feedback.

To clarify the R1 works fine on both pc’s I have and also don’t have to change the system type to PlayStations on the R1.The R1 is running the most up to date dumaos available to it. I have put the wan ip into the dmz of my router also it don’t change anything. Also my isp stayed I shouldn’t even have to use their router I should be able to just hook the R1 or R2 into the internet cord in the wall and it should work but it don’t. As far as the R2 specifically one pc will show the servers and stuff one won’t at all and the one that does show them don’t show or connect to as many servers. So for example I could go in and block certain servers which would normally force it to connect to other servers I know is there In certain areas just from using the R1 but with the R2 it would just give you extremely long search times and never connect to them because it acts as if they aren’t even there on the R2. I do have congestion control on and the slider at about 70 but I’m not even using it currently is how crappy it really is right now, the R1 blows it out of the water.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, X12Tyler12X said:

To clarify the R1 works fine on both pc’s I have and also don’t have to change the system type to PlayStations on the R1.The R1 is running the most up to date dumaos available to it. I have put the wan ip into the dmz of my router also it don’t change anything. Also my isp stayed I shouldn’t even have to use their router I should be able to just hook the R1 or R2 into the internet cord in the wall and it should work but it don’t. As far as the R2 specifically one pc will show the servers and stuff one won’t at all and the one that does show them don’t show or connect to as many servers. So for example I could go in and block certain servers which would normally force it to connect to other servers I know is there In certain areas just from using the R1 but with the R2 it would just give you extremely long search times and never connect to them because it acts as if they aren’t even there on the R2. I do have congestion control on and the slider at about 70 but I’m not even using it currently is how crappy it really is right now, the R1 blows it out of the water.

I've added you to the R1 DumaOS beta so you can try that but I think you'll find it will be similar to the R2 in that regard. If the ISP said it could work without their modem/router do you need PPPoE, DHCP identifiers or VLAN to sustain a proper connection that way? Could you provide a side by side comparison of what you mean regarding the servers please R1 vs R2 as they will use the same cloud so doesn't make sense. Congestion Control works the same on both, if you utilize it with Connection Benchmark to get Ping Under Load down as much as possible then it will perform better.