Connected, No Internet

Bobbyhill214

Just got everything hooked up. The ethernet cables don't clip in all the way and seem lose. I don't want to force them in as I'm afraid of breaking the router. Is that normal?? I went through the setup wizard. I had to skip the first couple steps because the router couldn't access the internet. Computer is saying it's connected to the router but no internet access. I can get to the user interface and everything just no internet. My isp is spectrum and I'm using the modem they gave me. Contacted my isp and they said that the router isn't communicating with the modem correctly. Here's this if it helps.

20200909_155523.jpg

Don't be afraid to push the ethernet cords all the way into the router. Also, make sure you're using the default gateway 192.168.77.1 to sign in because you need to follow the steps in order to have the router up and running. If all else fails, backup your PC and do a fresh install of windows. 👍

Is the ethernet cord supposed to click in? I literally feel like I'm gonna break it if I try any harder. I have already gone through the setup with the default gateway. I don't think it has to deal with my computer. Isp said the r2 is not communicating with the modem correctly

Hi Bobby, 

exactly the same issue I had so I understand you not wanting to put to much force on the cables as I was the same worried about breaking the unit. 

long story short just keep pushing in till you hear the click you wont break the device.