Router is overheating, is it normal?

marcotto

Hey, I have this router for about 3 days and I noticed a lot of overheating even when it is upside down beside my window open, it keeps really hot also feels I’m getting lag spikes after 10 minutes playing.

I already reseted it few times and nothing changes. It never turned off alone just overheats and feels delayed while gaming.

thanks for the support.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, marcotto said:

Hey, I have this router for about 3 days and I noticed a lot of overheating even when it is upside down beside my window open, it keeps really hot also feels I’m getting lag spikes after 10 minutes playing.

I already reseted it few times and nothing changes. It never turned off alone just overheats and feels delayed while gaming.

thanks for the support.

The R2 does run hot sometimes, however this is not a problem unless the R2 turns off.

We can help you to diagnose what has been causing the lag. Are the lag spikes youve been experiencing over Wi-Fi, ethernet or both? Are these spikes only happening in a specific game or other applications too?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there , I am using ethernet cable and there is no way to turn off the wifi on the router. I would like help to setup port forwarding for fortnite it could help with lag spikes and pc crashing when getting shot at my character. thanks for the support.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, marcotto said:

Hey there , I am using ethernet cable and there is no way to turn off the wifi on the router. I would like help to setup port forwarding for fortnite it could help with lag spikes and pc crashing when getting shot at my character. thanks for the support.

You can turn off the WiFi by going to Settings > LAN > WiFi > and click the toggle that says enable WiFi, then click save wireless. That doesn't sound like a network issue, what FPS do you get on the game?

240fps 240hz monitor. 
i9 9900k

gtx 1080ti

4000mhz 16gb

1tb ssd

I was just playing at the moment and out of the blue it freezes for 2 seconds and then it’s running back normal. It happened 3 times. The 2 seconds crashes happened after I activated Qos which should not happen , detail, I’m alone on my own line no one else is connected to it.

nothing on my background. 

about the Wi-Fi settings, no chance it never turns off :) it turns back on alone. Why?

I turned off qos let’s see if still happening. But my main problem isn’t the qos thing , the main problem still the crashes when someone hit me also I don’t understand to port forward in this router. Thanks for the assistance 

• Administrators

For WiFi, disable it, save then try rebooting to see if it applies. QoS is more likely to help you with that issue. Enable the NET stats in the game settings and see whether your ping spikes or you get packet loss when the issue happens. I'd suggest trying to put the PC in the DMZ to see if ports would even work and then if it does you can be more specific with the port forwarding.

Hey there.

I switched all options related to Wi-Fi off , rebooted the router on the right hand top side options in the dumaos webpage, no success it comes back on and I can find the Wi-Fi if I search on my phone.

Enable Wi-Fi is off, but the mirror settings which is on the top still on for the guest and normal Wi-Fi, I turn it off and I comes back on, even showing me the enable Wi-Fi option is off it still shows me the Wi-Fi open on my phone.

Hey Fraser.

Sure I did it on my phone but still appears the Wi-Fi to connect lol, no worries forget that maybe it will get fixed on an update , so I used the option auto setup for the qos prioritising ping and all the time in the middle of the pvp it freezes for a second, sometimes not even in a fight against another player it freezes, so I turned off and switched to never, looks like the freezes got better but when I receive shots it crashes and drop fps, dmz activated also.