Rubberbanding Games Unplayable

TxFrog33

ever since Friday my Netduma has not been acting right. i cannot play games with out lagging or what I call Rubberbanding everwhere can someone please look into why all of sudden this is happening I can disconnect from my router and use my Modem and its perfect, so its definitely something going on with the R2. Gaming is my life please help. maybe I can get a 1 on 1 help with this? Whats even weirder is i checked all my settings and my download is good and even upload i get a A+ on all the connection benchmarks too.

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results please?

Are ALL devices connected to the R2? What is the average ping you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter? Have you tried forcing different servers to see if they play the same?

you don't get it all that is fine its something else that's changed im at work and cannot provide a screenshot atm. all devices in my small 1 bedroom apt is connected to my R2 router i really just need someone to look thru the settings for me and make sure everything reset to factory. the Firmware did not change thou still on the latest 0.29 duma 0s 3.0. not sure if the factory reset even worked in that regard. im sorry if this is coming across rude, not my intent just very frusterated

• Administrators

Ping Under Load may show A+ but there could still be spikes there that could be eliminated. If you did a factory reset and it went through the setup wizard then everything would have been wiped. If you provide the answers to the questions then I can best advise. It could also be server load from the game or ISP. 

i will get you a a screen shot when i get home from work i get 30 to 50 ping have tried multiple servers and its also different games all have me rubberbanding but its not my ISP because i can direct connect to the modem and the rubberbanding stops. 

also the Factory Reset might be not working right because i promise, its still showing the newest firmware i downloaded and installed 3.0.29 or something like that. when i did the factory reset it only changed the wifi the admin username and stuff like that also all the QOS features. but what else could be causing me to Rubberbanding

• Administrators

Do you know what your base ping is, e.g. if you do speedtest.net with nothing using the internet, what is the ping? When you do a factory reset the firmware version you are on will stay the same, it is just the settings that will revert to their defaults. Most likely you will just need to force a different game server.

i just don't know what would cause the rubberbandding issues on this router. like i said I can use my modem and it stops and my other router I feel like i want someone else to look at it and see if I have a weird setting on or something

• Administrators

Realistically those spikes are quite small and thus why you received a good grade, they wouldn't cause you to have the rubberbanding you've mentioned. I'd suggest replacing the cables between the XR and modem and the one to your console as well to rule out any issues there.

ive done the troubleshooting ive ruled out the XR is the problem, or any Cable idk

what else i got to do to get you guys to help me with a 1 on 1 what could be causing me to rubberband 

ive diagnosed everything. i can use my modem directly and no rubberbanding.

i can use the xr500 and no rubberbanding. Please help me figure this out I love dumaOS 3.0 and i don't wanna use the old duma os 2.0

• Administrators

Your pings are really good, could you show what the ping is on the Geo-Filter and does it spike there? What does the game report for ping in the menu when you experience it? 

Where are you located and what servers are you playing on/forcing? 

A 1 on 1 is a last resort as it is so time intensive, most issues can be resolved by what we are doing now, by providing all the information asked I can create a picture of where the issue may lie.