Netduma R2 setup with netgear dm200

Smithy62

hi, initial set up of these 2 devices, would i first have to put the dm200 into modem mode before setting up the R2 ? And if so when i set the dm200 into modem mode and then first start up the R2 fresh it comes up with a IPV6-LAN AND IPV6-WAN and has option to choose from dchp/static_ppoe and underneath that it says client identifier id and vendor class id what will I need to put in to get onto the Internet? My service provider is sky. And also when putting the dm200 into modem mode there is a small tick box to tick vlan pass through,  would i also have to tick that? Thanks yoir help would be very appreciated 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The DM200 is a modem already so there won't be any settings you need to change on this. Go through the setup wizard and see if it detects a connection, if it doesn't just skip the part about entering WAN Settings. Then when you get into the interface go to WAN Settings and enter these details, apply and you should get a connection.

Enable both DHCP Identifiers in WAN Settings and set it up like this:

Client Identifier ID
52616e646f6d7573657240736b7964736c7c70617373776f7264

Vendor Class ID
6.14.1aN_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The DM200 is a modem already so there won't be any settings you need to change on this. Go through the setup wizard and see if it detects a connection, if it doesn't just skip the part about entering WAN Settings. Then when you get into the interface go to WAN Settings and enter these details, apply and you should get a connection.

Enable both DHCP Identifiers in WAN Settings and set it up like this:

Client Identifier ID
52616e646f6d7573657240736b7964736c7c70617373776f7264

Vendor Class ID
6.14.1aN_UNI|PCBAFAST2504Nv1.0

Great work fraser a big humongous big appreciated smile 😃 thanks for your help, I now have the set up ive wanted for a few years now instead of having double nat that was OK for a ehile but then causes otehr problems and disconnections. Thanks. BTW love the R2 I think I'm a pro at settings on the xr500 now lol but its the first time I've had a moden in true bridge mode. Thanks