Internet not connecting after restart

Hi,

My XR500 will not reconnect to my modem unless I power off the modem when restarting my XR500.  Also I have several devices that just drop off randomly. I did not have this kind of drop off when using my WRT3200. It's like I need to run the WRT3200 for anything I need solid connection to and the XR500 for just hardwired connections. Just kind of odd that the WiFi is less stable than my old WIFI. Is there a fix for this coming out for this instability?  

I also did not realize the DUMAOS for Netgear would be behind DUMAOS development. XR500 is on DUMAOS Ver 2 and DUMAOS has a V 3.0 out now. Wish I had fully understood the relationship of NetGear and DUMAOS before buying but it is what it is now. Maybe Netgear can catch up to DUMAOS here soon. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There will be a fix for the disconnect issues that will be in the next beta build and depending on how well that goes we can open it up to more people so perhaps for now use your old router if it is too annoying and then in a few weeks (if you've signed up here: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html ) then you can try the fix.