Do I lose features/benefits if I use an unmanaged switch with my XR500?

Hey, I'm new to the XR500 and DumaOS and haven't had much time to tinker since I just moved. I'm a big PC gamer with about 110Mbps down and about 6 up. My priority is keeping my PC gaming in check, lowest ping, no lag or bandwidth hogs, etc. I hardwire whenever I can.

Will using an unmanaged network switch (NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS105NA)) make me lose out on an features that I have turned on? I think QoS gets hit. But what about all the others main features a PC gamer would use? I like to have the network switch at my desk so I can hook up my PC, Nintendo Switch, and work laptop and it wouldn't make sense to run all separate cords to each.

What's the best way to approach using a switch while maintaining all the features the router/OS brings?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There will be no downsides using the switch as you have mentioned, the devices connected to the switch will appear as though they are directly connected to the router and so you will be able to control them with QoS, Geo-Filter etc.