Major Issues, Rapps Not loading, Connection issues etc

kevin

I use to have the R1 and it worked flawlessly, but since it didn't have 5ghz, I finally retired it. Used a linksys wrt32x for a couple years worked flawless. Tried out the Netgear XR500 and had major connection issues. No internet, factory reset no internet etc. Finally returned it and went back to the linksys. Just bought the R2 and was having the same issues as the nighthawk. No internet etc, then it finally connected. 

It stayed connected for about 48hrs, then net died. Restarted router and bam, cant get an ip from the modem. Factory reset, same thing then all of a sudden it would connect. During this time Rapps will barely load. now i get a lot of "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute."

Ive disabled ipv6, changed rapps from 3 to 5, tried cloning my Linksys router mac address. Nothing seemed to work. Removed mac clone and now it connected again. Been working for about 48 hours again, now its acting up again with "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." I'm afraid to reboot the router as it will then revert back to not connected...

Right now, Traffic controller is the main rapp not loading at all. restarted pc, used dif browsers, nothing. 

I really don't want to factory reset again as I have set this up several times already, takes a long time. 

ISP: Spectrum

Modem: Technicolor DPC3216

Speed: 200 down, 10 up

I dont know what else to do. I love the dumaos software but it seems there is a conflict somewhere. Any suggestions

Just restarted the router and as expected, no internet again..... Now i have to boot, reboot and reboot modems and routers hoping it comes back on. This seems to be a problem with not only the previous dumao2 v2 but still in v3.

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you've been having issues. Very strange you struggled to get internet through the XR500 as well. Is your lease time from the ISP 48 hours? If it happens again could you plug directly into the modem and see if you get internet please because if you can't that sounds like a modem issue. I've sent you a PM, see if that helps.

Im not sure about the lease time. I did contact spectrum today and had them check which mac address the modem is seeing and they confirmed they see the netduma. I finally just pulled the power and waited for a few minutes then restarted and it booted up with an ip this time. But in about 48hrs, I will have this same issue again as it is pretty consistent. Its really weird. 

Once it happens again I will try your suggestion and see if the modem provides a connection to see if its the culprit or not. Ill check my pm, thanks Fraser

I am also having challenges with the R2 that I also had back when I tried the xr500. The xr500 almost seemed to be giving me slower speeds on my Down\Ups, I eventually took it back and went with a different router. Then I got the R2 some days ago, guess what......it acts just as the xr500 did. It is as if the R2 is bottle necking my connection. Before you ask for screen shots, did I reset it, did I have all my checks done......Yes and then some. Yesterday I had my ISP tech here and he tested my line from the street all the way to my modem, and everything was as it should be. I have spent so many hours trying to get this thing to run stable, QOS on or off, using every option in the OS to hopefully get my full connection or for it to be stable with nothing to show from my efforts. My only question is how do I return it for my money back?

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you've been having issues. Very strange you struggled to get internet through the XR500 as well. Is your lease time from the ISP 48 hours? If it happens again could you plug directly into the modem and see if you get internet please because if you can't that sounds like a modem issue. I've sent you a PM, see if that helps.

How is is strange he couldn't get internet through the xr500? You literally acknowledge the dhcp bug but lie straight to people about these glaring issues 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ man this is such poor customer service. It's clear Dumasos 3.0 won't be out for ages. Will netduma just be transparent with their customers. Cmon mate 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, ScottBot said:

I am also having challenges with the R2 that I also had back when I tried the xr500. The xr500 almost seemed to be giving me slower speeds on my Down\Ups, I eventually took it back and went with a different router. Then I got the R2 some days ago, guess what......it acts just as the xr500 did. It is as if the R2 is bottle necking my connection. Before you ask for screen shots, did I reset it, did I have all my checks done......Yes and then some. Yesterday I had my ISP tech here and he tested my line from the street all the way to my modem, and everything was as it should be. I have spent so many hours trying to get this thing to run stable, QOS on or off, using every option in the OS to hopefully get my full connection or for it to be stable with nothing to show from my efforts. My only question is how do I return it for my money back?

I've responded to the topic that you created.

7 hours ago, digz_au said:

How is is strange he couldn't get internet through the xr500? You literally acknowledge the dhcp bug but lie straight to people about these glaring issues 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ man this is such poor customer service. It's clear Dumasos 3.0 won't be out for ages. Will netduma just be transparent with their customers. Cmon mate 

Thank you for your input. That issue does not affect getting internet straight away, if the issue does appear it is something that occurs after some time, not fresh out the box preventing an internet connection. The DHCP doesn't prevent a connection but causes it to drop, therefore they are different issues. It's in beta right now so that's not clear at all. I get you are frustrated but I'm the one who helps with peoples issues and tries to get them resolved, I read everything all the time so I know the minute differences between issues that make them different. I don't create the software or determine release times, I just try to help.