How to remove offline devices router thinks are online?

Hi, when I go to Device Manager it will show a device that is offline. When I go into Device Settings | Delete it tells me "Unable to delete device because it is online."

I know for a fact it is not online (on my network anyway) because I shipped that particular device to a customer site in a different state the other week. I am sure it is that device because I checked the mac address in Dumas vs the device in our MDM Cisco Meraki as well as the entry of devices I made in the sales order. I have several entries like this that aren't physically in the same state any more but won't delete from Dumas because they are "Online" even though device manager in Dumas says they are offline. Some times they will delete and sometimes they won't. I need them all of the network because I set up equipment regularly to ship out and the router seems to at some point (over 30 or so) still add devices but not let them have internet access.

Also can I remove a lot of devices at once. I set up 20+ iPhones the other day and it was very slow going clicking each one to then click delete. Is there maybe a way telnet in and run a command or other way in to wipe them out? 

On XR500 firmware V2.3.2.56

ScreenshotDumas.jpg

Edited by JimK
add fw version

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There will be a button in the next version to delete all offline devices but the best way at the moment would be to reboot and delete manually or do a reset. We've identified it as an issue so the solution will be in the next firmware so you can delete them all at once.

• 6 months later...
On 8/31/2020 at 5:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There will be a button in the next version to delete all offline devices but the best way at the moment would be to reboot and delete manually or do a reset. We've identified it as an issue so the solution will be in the next firmware so you can delete them all at once.

Where is this new button located at ?  Also has this bug been fixed yet. I have the xr 500 with latest firmware and am still having this issue.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, darkstormyrain said:

Where is this new button located at ?  Also has this bug been fixed yet. I have the xr 500 with latest firmware and am still having this issue.

You can find it in the Device Manager menu: 

image.png

Depending on your version devices will go offline more quickly now for easy deletion.

• Administrators

Mine is the DumaOS 3.0 beta version, you can find that here if you would like to try it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

Would recommend doing a factory reset after the install though. The beta community for it can be found here, by using it you agree to their beta policy https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, darkstormyrain said:

Ok thanks, I may or may not try this beta after reading all the responses on the forum.

Btw how is the R2?  

Most of those are for the previous version, by my estimate it is much more stable. How is the R2 in what sense, stability wise?