Jump to content
Sgt-Greco

Huge deviation between Ping and Ping Under Load

Recommended Posts

Hey, hi.

I have this huge deviation between Ping and Ping Under Load (R1 OS3).

Untitled.png.45e30d0d0b583750a3332c77d5c5e696.png

During the test my LAN was idle. I've been away from gaming/routers for a long time and I feel a little rusty. Don't  know what to do. Any ideas ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will need to use Congestion Control with Always selected and change the percentages and experiment to see what % brings down the Ping Under Load results the most. It is simulating what the ping would be like if the network was saturated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great feature Fraser thanks for your reply. I'll try it . Is OS3 still testing against 8.8.8.8 for the benchmark results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Great feature Fraser thanks for your reply. I'll try it . Is OS3 still testing against 8.8.8.8 for the benchmark results?

Yes that's exactly right Google/8.8.8.8 is used for the ping tests and Measurementlabs for the speed test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tested almost every Up/Down combination.

Unfortunatelly I can't avoid Ping Under Load = D. My upload is killing me and I can't figure out why.

 

Untitled.thumb.png.ef572a6cebd4dcd2b87b197e599cb375.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the same issue. Is this common? I have played around with the upload and no difference. Ping under load has a big range difference. R2 router

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrKader said:

I get the same issue. Is this common? I have played around with the upload and no difference. Ping under load has a big range difference. R2 router

You will need to adjust the download slider as well, make sure you're using 'Always' for Congestion Control when testing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to have a similar issue here, no matter what i do i seem to get a poor result when i do the ping test under load. it all seems to be my upload, the download speed doesn't change much at all but the upload is going over 50ms.  Not sure what im doing wrong, ive changed all congestion control also and no joy, i get a B rating but not sure why :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, anybloodyname said:

I seem to have a similar issue here, no matter what i do i seem to get a poor result when i do the ping test under load. it all seems to be my upload, the download speed doesn't change much at all but the upload is going over 50ms.  Not sure what im doing wrong, ive changed all congestion control also and no joy, i get a B rating but not sure why :( 

Post your results please. You've tried 99% down to 1%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate got around to testing again and I keep getting poor results with load. Not sure why though. See attached , I've tried all the congestion control options but still no joy. Seems to be upload impacting things . 

IMG_20210414_135446.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anybloodyname said:

Hey mate got around to testing again and I keep getting poor results with load. Not sure why though. See attached , I've tried all the congestion control options but still no joy. Seems to be upload impacting things . 

You're on a very old version, I'd recommend you upgrade to the latest https://forum.netduma.com/topic/35821-new-r1-firmware-30207/#comments do a factory reset after for a fresh install then test again please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...