Huge deviation between Ping and Ping Under Load

Sgt-Greco

Hey, hi.

I have this huge deviation between Ping and Ping Under Load (R1 OS3).

Untitled.png.45e30d0d0b583750a3332c77d5c5e696.png

During the test my LAN was idle. I've been away from gaming/routers for a long time and I feel a little rusty. Don't  know what to do. Any ideas ?

• Administrators

You will need to use Congestion Control with Always selected and change the percentages and experiment to see what % brings down the Ping Under Load results the most. It is simulating what the ping would be like if the network was saturated.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Great feature Fraser thanks for your reply. I'll try it . Is OS3 still testing against 8.8.8.8 for the benchmark results?

Yes that's exactly right Google/8.8.8.8 is used for the ping tests and Measurementlabs for the speed test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, MrKader said:

I get the same issue. Is this common? I have played around with the upload and no difference. Ping under load has a big range difference. R2 router

You will need to adjust the download slider as well, make sure you're using 'Always' for Congestion Control when testing this.

• 1 month later...

I seem to have a similar issue here, no matter what i do i seem to get a poor result when i do the ping test under load. it all seems to be my upload, the download speed doesn't change much at all but the upload is going over 50ms.  Not sure what im doing wrong, ive changed all congestion control also and no joy, i get a B rating but not sure why :( 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, anybloodyname said:

I seem to have a similar issue here, no matter what i do i seem to get a poor result when i do the ping test under load. it all seems to be my upload, the download speed doesn't change much at all but the upload is going over 50ms.  Not sure what im doing wrong, ive changed all congestion control also and no joy, i get a B rating but not sure why :( 

Post your results please. You've tried 99% down to 1%?

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, anybloodyname said:

Hey mate got around to testing again and I keep getting poor results with load. Not sure why though. See attached , I've tried all the congestion control options but still no joy. Seems to be upload impacting things . 

You're on a very old version, I'd recommend you upgrade to the latest https://forum.netduma.com/topic/35821-new-r1-firmware-30207/#comments do a factory reset after for a fresh install then test again please.

• 7 months later...

@Netduma Fraser I am also having the same issue here, Im getting all A+ except the "Ping test(underload)" which I am getting a D rank. I tried messing around with the congestion control for about 4 hours and still getting a D rank on the under load. I tried resetting the router, however, is still showed a D rank.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 11.28.14 PM.png

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Aceu said:

@Netduma Fraser I am also having the same issue here, Im getting all A+ except the "Ping test(underload)" which I am getting a D rank. I tried messing around with the congestion control for about 4 hours and still getting a D rank on the under load. I tried resetting the router, however, is still showed a D rank.

We're still improving the results on Benchmark so you can take the results with a pinch of salt, they're unlikely to be a D in reality. You can use this guide while saturating your network with downloads, streams etc and trying different percentages to see what makes the graph as stable as possible http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping