I tried the guide to open NAT but its still moderate.

-Siddhu-

I am not able to get my COD MW NAT type to become open. I have added the netduma R2 to dmz of my ISP modem and I have tried dmz, upnp and port forwarding but my nat type is still moderate. My nat Type was open I when I directly connected to my ISP modem and enabled dmz or port forwarded.

I also tried disabling geo-filter/ping assist.

Man the same thing has been happening for me on the R1. I was looking into getting the R2 but am kinda hesitant since this years cod is black ops and if you can’t get open on it you always have trouble connecting to your friends. I literally tried everything probably spent around 5 hours trying to get it to open which is simple on my normal router if you port forward. I’ve also been getting way lower connection speeds with my PS4 plugged into the R1 compared to my isp router, if I turn QOS off the speeds go to normal which is super strange considering I have a GB speed and have my PS4 set to have 50% games hitch is up to 500mbps but connects at like 60/70 mbps instead. 

update

as I was typing this message I was finally able to get open in black ops 4, I hope it’s not a fluke, I did close the game out twice and kept getting open then restarted it and is still open. What I ended up doing was firstly port forwarded on my isp router and r1, disabled the upnp option on my isp router, and then put the wanip into the dmz for my isp router. Don’t get that confused like I did the wanip is different then your normal router isp. But after a hard reset on both routers I’m finally at open. Hope this helps.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Which IP did you add to the DMZ? You need to use the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2 - not the IP you connect to the interface with. Are you using a PC/Console to play?

I'm using the R1 personally and nothing I do helps, I managed to get open nat type last night but now right back to moderate and yes I put the wan ip into the dmz of my main router and tried every other solution. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

I'm using the R1 personally and nothing I do helps, I managed to get open nat type last night but now right back to moderate and yes I put the wan ip into the dmz of my main router and tried every other solution. 

If you disable the Geo-Filter does it appear to be open? If so then you can ignore it as it is a misreading.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

The most recent version not sure right off hand though

16 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

not even worried about it on the r1 since I have a r2 on the way but I expect ill end up having the same issue on it

Go to System Information, what does it say your version is? DMZ is available on the R2 so you shouldn't have that issue.