XR500 Slow Download over Powerline

Hi,

I have 500mbps broadband from my ISP. If I connect my pc directly into the router then I can download at over 500mbps. However, when connected over powerline I'm only reaching speeds of upto 200mbps but consistently around 140mbps. This is not a bandwidth issue as I can see at the time via the router that there is spare capacity. I've used the tp link utility to check the speed between adapters and its states 550mbps. Also, my router is showing my pc as connected as full duplex with a link speed of 1000mbits. I've also disabled QOS in case that was restricting this device. Any ideas on what this may be? 

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like this is a problem with the powerline adapters rather than the router itself, so not necessarily something I can help with, but here's some things you should test:

• Do the powerline adapters on both ends support the speed you're trying to achieve? Some powerline adapters (especially the cheaper ones) do not support speeds over 200mbits. Remember, you will only get speeds as fast as your slowest powerline adapter.
  • What kind of ethernet cables are being used on both ends? They need to be cat5e, cat6 or cat7.

In DumaOS, under QoS check the following:

• Have you reduced your Congestion Control sliders below your desired speed?
  • Have you got Share Excess disabled for either Download or Upload?