WiFi password

LeonardS

I just got my Netduma R2 today. The keyboard will not let me type in the wifi password i use. It just has no response when I try to type some of the symbol keys. This is a problem because I cannot access the locations of some of the switch modules.

Thanks. I've tried Chrome and Edge browsers. I've tried using the ascii codes. Thanks i've just tried from a wired computer. I had not thought of that. It just won't let me type some of the symbols. I thought it might be the difference between American and English keyboards but they don't seem that different.

Thanks,

Leonard 

• Administrators

Sorry just realized you said WiFi password. Connect via ethernet and go to the interface and change the WiFi password in WiFi Settings. When you went through the Setup Wizard it also should have given you the change to change the password.

Hi,

Yes it will let me change the wifi password. It will not let me use the wifi password I've been using because it will not let me enter most of the symbols (the symbols you get when you press the sift key then a number). 

Thanks,

Leonard

Same happening to me, just got my R2, and cannot use the # key for my password also. I really don't want to have to change the password to 10-15 different devices and you know that some are going to give me problems. Can we please have access to use all the symbols? Have been using the netgear 500 and used the R1 before didn't have that problem. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, roberb said:

Same happening to me, just got my R2, and cannot use the # key for my password also. I really don't want to have to change the password to 10-15 different devices and you know that some are going to give me problems. Can we please have access to use all the symbols? Have been using the netgear 500 and used the R1 before didn't have that problem. 

We have fixed this and it will be in the next firmware.