R1+Spectrum issues

Mvrk

hello,

I currently have spectrum 400/20 and i use the R1 with the dumaOS. For some unknown reason my speeds are not accurate, when i use anti buffer bloat my speeds drop drastically and when i test my connection in dslreports my bufflerbloat is C quality. If i disable the qos i get full speeds but i would like to use the anti buffer to lower my ping. is there a workaround this issue?  thanks in advance

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Anti-Bufferbloat works by reducing your overall bandwidth to ensure that your connection can never be saturated and therefore cause you bufferbloat. We usually suggest about 70% for both download and upload, you won't really notice a difference in the speeds unless you do a speed test and it will eliminate any local congestion before you even notice it.

Hey man, 

I understand how it works it just that it fluctuates here and there to the point where I’m getting 50-90 then it spikes up to 138 when I should be getting 200+ if im not mistaken. My sliders are at 60/85. That’s what I’ve find to work best for me. I think is the r1 and I need to upgrade to the r2 🤪 

Correct. I’ll test it via dslreports and get random results like 35 download all the way to 138 ish not the number that the slider says I will get or nowhere near it. The bufferbloat results are A-A+ while quality is c but if I disable qos I’ll get f buffer (which is to be expected ) and A for quality 😅

Instead of being inconsistent like dsl reports if I use Speedtest.net I’ll get around 138 ish but in a more consistent basis. Still not reaching the speed % assigned. Idk man I just want to make sure I’m using the os like it’s supposed to maybe I’m missing something. Is this a common issue? 

• Administrators

I think the R1 for you is just not able to reach higher speeds with QoS enabled. Which makes sense, to achieve what you have QoS should be disabled. It's very good you get full speeds when disabled actually. Do you get full speeds if you switch to Never? If so then you can still use Traffic Prioritization, otherwise would suggest disabling QoS entirely.