Using Netduma Has Main Internet Router

Infoseye

Hi All,

I would you the netduma family and network experts on this one.😃

I have been wanting to replace my BTSmart Hub with the Netduma Router for a while now, but haven't gone about it yet but now that I'm comfortable using netduma router I think its time I give it a go but I need some advice on the best way on going about it.

My current setup is:

Wall socket<--BT SmartHub<--Netduma Router<--Desktop Computer, PS4 both on wired connection then other devices such as mobile phones, tablets etc on wifi.

The wall socket has got this face plate with Open reach MK4 on it that has telephone line and modem line if I'm correct, so I cant connect my Netduma router directly to the wall socket.

Whats the best option togo about it? Bare in mind I have a home telephone connected to the face plate and the other input is the cable that goes into the BT smarthub for internet. Hope I have gotten this right so far not much of a techie lol.

Would it make a difference? Any advantages to this or just stick to my setup?

Have attached a picture of my wall socket in case I didn't describe well it enough.

Kindly advice, thanks.

71fn0rUVu0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Don't think there's much difference, you will need to know you BT log on information and you should just be able to switch them out, but you will need to get a openreach modem if you don't already have one, as I believe the Hub has its own. 

The R2 would plug into the same port as the BT Hub.

5 minutes ago, Seye said:

Okay thanks guys....I thought just maybe it might improve things a little, plus reduce the amount of untidy cables underneath desk lol.

It just makes life easy if you are swapping routers about and setting up as the BT homehubs don’t do modem only. The chipset should match the cabinet for best performance.

Yeah I did read on Amazon comments on a router that is commonly used to replace stock bt hub, within the comments someone did post the login details for BT using different router. Can always look this up again.

4 minutes ago, Seye said:

Yeah I did read on Amazon comments on a router that is commonly used to replace stock bt hub, within the comments someone did post the login details for BT using different router. Can always look this up again.

It will be your primary email and the password can be anything ie BT