XR500 reboots almost daily

Hi all - I have seen a number of threads with people saying their units will reboot randomly multiple times a week/day. Have there been any resolutions to this? I have tried everything I have seen between the Netgear fourm and this forum but nothing seems to be working for me.

I just purchased this router a week or two ago and am pretty unimpressed for $300. A $50 router can at least stay on without needing to reboot every few hours...I am pretty close to asking for a refund. This is just too much to deal with.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just to confirm, it's definitely rebooting and not just disconnecting/reconnect the internet? Do you have it plugged into a power extender at all? Is it in a place that is appropriately cooled and not in a cupboard for example?

Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes the router was plugged into the wall and it was sitting on top of my desk (not in an enclosed space). The router actually restarted THREE times since I posted that a couple minutes ago. I just ripped it out and put back my old router.

• Administrators

I'm not sure what could have caused that, either a faulty power adapter or faulty router. Would have advised getting a replacement but if that's what you prefer then totally up to you, thanks for supporting us!