BT Home Hub 6 DHCP

Dizzy Online

I've been enjoying the benefits of my recent purchase the Netduma R2. However I have had a couple of times where the device has locked up and a reboot has been required. I am by no means an expert in setting up the device but I was wondering if the fact that using the BT provided Home Hub 6 as my modem with wifi turned off an just the Netduma R2 attached is causing any issues. The reason I ask is I know that both the home hub and the Netduma R2 have DHCP running. Could this cause an issue and the lock ups I  have seen?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I doubt that would cause too much of an issue to the extent of what you're describing, could you explain a bit more please about what you mean by the router locks up?

Thank you for your response. By lock up I mean that all devices connected via wired and wireless lose connection. I am able to access the Netduma R2 via the network and it indicates that the WAN is still connected but no device can access the internet.  I reboot the device and after reboot the internet connection then works again. I would estimate this happens twice a day.

• Administrators

Thank you for the clarification, it is possible that this is due to the DHCP lease - in LAN Settings change the DHCP Lease hours to 168 and apply. Then let us know if you continue to get the issue or not please.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Dizzy Online said:

I have had an issue tonight where the internet was working both wired and wireless, however I wasn't able to log into the gaming router until I restarted the device.

How were you trying to login, using http://dumaos or the LAN IP? Did you try both at all?