DumaOS Runs Slow, Pages Don't Load, Etc.

For as long as I've had my XR300, I've noticed that the OS is incredibly slow. My speed are fine, and when pages actually load and save the settings, there is no issue with the actual running of the machine, but loading pages sometimes takes two or three tries, sometimes I cannot reach the router at all and have to wait (even though it's clearly running since my internet is still up). I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? Is this an OS problem, a defect with my equipment, are there settings I can change to have the OS run a bit smoother? I've never had this kind of strange loading time issues or access issues with other router firmware. Is this something v3 of the OS aims to fix? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks all.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would recommend you clear your browser cache/cookies and then load each page of the interface one at a time - it may be slow at first but then after that it should be faster on each page. Also make sure you're accessing via HTTP and not HTTPS.

Hey Fraser!

I have already attempted these things. Clearing the cache, going to the pages, as far as I know it can only be accessed over HTTP (HTTPS never loaded so I never tried it).

Any other tips? Thanks for the fast reply.

• Administrators

What I would suggest is to reinstall the latest firmware via TFTP - this will install the firmware prior to the boot sequence and so if there are any issues there will bypass them. Then do a factory reset and it will be installed as fresh as can possibly be. Hopefully that will allow the interest to load faster and run smoother. Also before you try this I'm not sure what browser you're using but I would recommend Chrome - see if it speeds up using it.

TFTP: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Latest firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000062185/XR300-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-50