New Firmware for XR300 Not filtering

ktaylor2

My filtering on the XR300 was working fine all last week. Tonight, I tried playing with it on and it wouldn't work at all. Im busy checking out everything. And I finally see that a new firmware update came out on 08/05/2020. So I roll it back to the stock firmware. As in my research I saw another person have a similar problem, and they fixed it by using the stock firmware. ANd it works fine now. I will be installing the firmware from the end of June later on to make sure it works. But as it was working last week I dont foresee any problems. I just wanted to pass this along. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but if so. I hope this helps.

• Administrators

Thanks for letting us know, as far as I am aware the latest firmware for the XR300 just included some security updates, nothing from us so I'm not sure why that would have occurred. What didn't work specifically?

The filtering wouldnt work at all. I was using it with 2 Xboxs. Trying to get 2 teams to match up. Each team led by 1 of my Xboxs. Normally this isnt a problem. We were playing Destiny 2. We kept matching against other people. I tried using the filtering to go into a strike by myself. Another thing I usually have no problem with. I use it this way to kill farm without disturbing anyone else. Kept matching me up with other people. Only change that had been made was the firmware update this week. Once I reinstalled the stock firmware it worked fine again. I still need to install the firmware before the newest to make sure it works.

• Administrators

Ahh I see, so this isn't the purpose of the Geo-Filter and so we have never expressed that it will work in these scenarios as it's just meant to help you force the server to play online, not to force certain opponents. I have seen people who say it's worked and then not worked so it may just be something on the Destiny side that prevents this.

No, it works. Ive been using it this way for nearly a year. And when I reinstall stock firmware it works fine. I used the beta from 06/29/20 and that doesnt work. So Im really not sure wha tthe issue is. Regardless I can get it to work with the older firmware so thats what Ill use.

• Administrators

I've seen some similar topics within the last few months regarding the same on the other XR routers and I don't think we've changed anything but if you've got it to work on an older firmware that's great.