R2

Leet

Hi just got my r2 but when setting it up on my ps4 it just asked for a proxy server and I can't connect I'm with bt iv reset my bt router my phone connects to bt router but r2 to bt router just says proxy server not too sure what to do 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you getting connections on your other devices? Where are you seeing this proxy message, could you take a screenshot please? Do you know if you require PPPoE to gain a connection?

Hi I'm getting the message on my ps4 in set up connection it just says proxy server do not use or use it's the same message when trying to setup wired or wireless 

Yes tried this already iv tried clicking use lan cable easy it asks for proxy  if I click custom then automatic it fails I'm about to plug my r1 back in not impressed

Iv plugged my r1 back in come back upstairs not touched my ps4 and its connected 

Any ideas? Have I bought a brick

• Administrators

It should only be asking you for proxy if you're selecting the custom option. If you're choosing easy as per this guide https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/playstation-network--online/internet-connection/how-to-connect-your-ps4-to-the-internet-and-playstation-network/ and it is still asking you for it then just bypass that and just choose test connection instead.

Iv plugged my r1 back in no problems I will try r2 again tomorrow been messing around with it for 2 hours I'm very annoyed with r2 at the min will try again  tomorrow but I have already tried everything u have said so far no joy

If I bypass and choose test connection it just says fail

@Leet

Can you access the r2 gui? from another device? Did you set your connection settings as DHCP in r2, Do any of the r2 features work like connection benchmark?

One of the reasons your ps4 is asking questions is becasue your r2 is a new gateway/router compared to that of the r1 and or bt hub.

Bypass and dont test connection, then goto network settings on ps4 to view it and take a picture and send it here. you should have an ip address simular to 192.168.77.?

How do you normally set up ps4? if manual then remeber the local ip addresss of r2 is 192.168.77.1 and not 88.1