I am looking for Gaming Router recommendations for my friend

Ok so here is the deal, my friend who I linked up with while playing some COD back in 2011 has some of the worst internet due to where he lives. It has become very frustrating for him and almost to the point of being done with online gaming all together.  He has said that he would like to invest in a gaming router but being that he is married with three little girls, I do not see him being able to do that anytime soon. So, being the good friend that I am, I would like to surprise him by gifting him his very own gaming router. I  myself purchased a XR-500 6-7months ago and Ive been fairly pleased. I think my lack of knowledge is keeping me from being totally satisfied, but i am learning more as I go. So my friends internet is DSL and  his problem really is when the family is all on there devices connected to the wifi. So if anyone would be so kind to recommend a gaming router that would help boost my friends internet so he  can enjoy gaming again. Id like to stay  in the $150-$200 price range if possible.    

• Administrators

My opinion is biased (obviously) but I would suggest the XR450 - it's a bit cheaper than the XR500 but perhaps slightly over your budget but it is basically the same power as the XR500 and I feel a better fit for the situation you have described. As you know the DumaOS QoS will definitely resolve the issues he has been having as that is what it was designed for.