Xr 300 not getting to full speeds I'm paying for

Recently purchased an xr 300 and got it up and running. I also purchased the cm600 modem. I did a few speed tests through the router hooked up to pc by ethernet cable and I was getting about 60 mbps, I pay for a 400/20 connection. I called spectrum and they came out, updated a few things, speed was the same until we hooked up ethernet from modem to pc and I was at around 460 mbps down. I've disabled qos. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what. I see this problem seems recurrent though. I have a 30 day return policy so I have a few days to try out a few options. Any suggestions would be great. 

I've tried restarting both modem and router and after doing so hit 140 mbps but after 25 or so minutes it's back down to 60 or 70. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. How have you disabled QoS, is it via the Anti-Bufferbloat menu? Could you set the MAC address of the router in Internet Setup to the same one as the previous router used, apply and reboot please. Sometimes it can take a little while to sync with the ISP and while that happens speeds can be decreased, the MAC address change is a workaround. Also in the Device Manager table view what are the link speeds for the ports?