Sky Superfast and XR500 - Randomly Disconnects LAN

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I'm with Sky broadband which seems to complicate everything. The ER115 router they provided is connected to the XR500 ( which was assigned a static IP and is in the DMZ ).

So all devices connected by LAN are booted at random a couple of times a day and I can't figure out why. I thought perhaps that the Option 61 details may have been needed to prevent this but when entering these details, I am unable to connect to the internet (apparently the 'andomuser@skydsl|password' credentials should work without going through the whole WireShark thing ). Is it neccessary to enter details for Option 61 if I'm still using the Sky router? 

All the devices which are being kicked have been assigned a static IP outside the DHCP range too. 

Is there anyone that could please shed some light on this? 

Thank you!!!! 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. If you have internet before using option 61 then it isn't necessary to do so. When the issue happens can you still access the interface? If so go to System Information, what does Connection Status say? You said LAN devices are fine, do WiFi devices stay connected? Do the devices come back online themselves or do you need to reboot? If by themselves how long are they disconnected for?