Speed differences

Hi there

I’ve been testing wired and wifi speeds across my home network. I have a few things I’m wondering about. Some may not be answerable here. 

PC

WIRED 

900mb down 50mb up

WIFI 

500mb down 50mb up

Ping 2-5

(Speedtest and fast.com)

xbox one

WIRED

900mb down

5mb up (yes only 5mb up)

ping 150ms 

WIFI 

450mb down 5mb up

ping

150ms

(testing in Xbox network settings)

Ps4

WIRED AND WIRELESS

10mb down 4mb up! Wow that’s bad.

(testing in ps4 network settings)

Apple TV (similar to pc speeds)

WIRED

900mb down 50mb up,

WIFI

500down 50up 

ping 2-5ms

(speedtest)

iPhones x 3

WIFI

600mb down 50mb up

(Speedtest and fast.com)

sony tv

WIRED

50mb down

WIFI 200down! WIRELESS FASTER?

(Tested in Netflix settings and on an app downloaded to tv)

Additional: unify ac ap pro - anything connected to its wifi takes a hit down to 2-300mb down, these devices we’re getting 5-600mb direct connection to router wifi. This never used to be an issue when I had 100mb internet only, it would be the same on unify disc wireless or direct to router wireless 

router has been factory reset yesterday to make sure I hadn’t made any settings changes that might cause these issues.

summary:

- Xbox, ps4 network setting speed tests are really bad compared to everyone else. Especially ps4 down compared with Xbox down. Both of their upload speeds are bad.

-Tv has faster wifi than wired according to Netflix speed test and also an app I downloaded called internet speed test.

- Unify disc doesn’t give same Speed as direct to xr500 since we went from 100mb down to 1gb down connection.

thoughts or ideas?

cheers! Chris.

• Administrators

Console speed tests can be inaccurate but that being said, do you have them added to the Geo-Filter? If so remove them, do you see speed increases then? Also disable Traffic Prioritization on the QoS page, do you see them increase then?

For the TV, it sounds like the ethernet cable is not capable of higher speeds, is it at least Cat 5e? 

Generally are you using QoS? This may explain why Unify is lower as well.