QR Code Generator

Would be useful to be able to generate qr codes for connecting to the wifi. Find myself using it all the time as phone keyboards are a pain. Implmenting something like this https://qifi.org/ where you could just click on the wifi infomation to generate you a wifi code for guest or normal wifi would be awesome.

I'll need to research a bit more about how this works... So it's a format that QR code scanners understand, and it involves storing your SSID and password in the form of a scannable code... Isn't that kind of insecure?

But in response to your question... Yes I think we could easily add this to DumaOS, although it's pretty easy to just google WiFi QR Code Generator and do it yourself.

Yeah its ssid and password stored in QR code format. Can be insecure but by having it inside would be more trustworthy than any random site even though the one i linked is trustworthy. You dont always need a QR code scanner on most devices like tablets and phone simpily using the camera app will detect it and prompt you to connect to the wifi which is useful especially if you could do this for a guest network or have alot of devices.

• 5 months later...