how do i make sure i never get Ddos offline?

Fashion

• Administrators

You would have to put in behind a VPN but even this would go down and you would have to reconnect to another VPN server if you were to get hit. I wouldn't worry unless you're a high profile streamer/compete in tournaments as it's unlikely you'll get hit.

• 3 months later...

[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 35.227.198.84, port 1883, Thursday, October 01, 2020 13:24:52
Thursday, October 01, 2020 13:24:36
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 35.227.198.84, port 1883, Thursday, October 01, 2020 13:24:35
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 35.227.198.84, port 1883, Thursday, October 01, 2020 13:24:27
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 35.227.198.84, port 1883, Thursday, October 01, 2020 13:24:23
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 35.227.198.84, port 1883, Thursday, October 01, 2020 13:24:21
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 35.227.198.84, port 1883, Thursday, October 01, 2020 13:24:20

4 minutes ago, SurvivorOf said:

I was attacked about 20 or so minutes ago.

\

4 minutes ago, SurvivorOf said:

\

Anybody can be the target of a DDoS attack, but only if the attacker knows your IP address. Fortunately, your IP should be hidden automatically if you only play online through official servers and platforms like the Xbox or Steam networks. 

Often, sudden outage and unexplained disconnect is the only sign you’ll have that you’re experiencing a DoS attack. To confirm that it’s an attack, you first need to rule out normal network errors that might be impacting your internet connection.

Start by unplugging your modem and/or router, both at the power source and the network cable.
Turn off your computer (or console, if the modem is connected to it directly).
Leave everything off for five minutes, then plug everything back in and turn the equipment on.
If your internet connectivity isn’t restored, you’ll need to call your ISP for technical support. Many ISPs have automated messages alerting callers to service problems in their area, but if you don’t have that option, or don’t have a service alert, ask to speak directly to a support technician. They can walk you through troubleshooting steps for your network, and in many cases can find out directly whether suspicious traffic is being sent to your IP that might be a DoS or even DDoS attack.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, SurvivorOf said:

That IP address was from Google so highly unlikely they attacked you. Netgear routers tend to show these entries for connections you've come into contact with, it's unfortunately named. If you were truly attacked then you would have been kicked offline.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It doesn't really make sense why that would boot you offline and if it was a true DDoS attack you would have been offline for quite a bit of time. Did all devices disconnect? Did they reconnect instantly? 

For me, it's always intstant and yes all devices, LAN and wireless. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?